Monday, May 30, 2016

Kia Ora Friends! 5-29-16

IT'S WINTER! Rainy days here every single day!! HAHA I love it here though!! 

This week was so wonderful. Our area seemed really slow, but online was so awesome!! We were able to answer this guy from Kansas who left us a message saying he was Christian and wanted to know more about Mormons. We kind of got the sense he wanted to bible bash, so we got our scriptures ready and called him. As we began talking to him, we got the vibe he wanted to prove us wrong. We kept teaching in a loving way and being kind to him, ALL of a sudden he had a major change of heart and you could instantly tell he wasn't there to bash, but to learn. It was unreal. Sister Chudleigh would spit out a scripture and then I would testify, I literally felt like I was a solider with my companion, we are war buddies. It was the best experience allowing the spirit to teach this man and soften his heart. His heart changed so much that we invited him when he knows these things are true to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized and he said YES! We just died, we were so excited!!! 

It's already transfer week, can you believe I have been in NZ for 6 weeks?! Sister Chudleigh and I are probably the only safe ones in this area since she is training me:) I am excited to stay with her!! 

Well, I got my first door slammed in my face.. I truly felt as though this man was possessed, and I just felt so frustrated I just wanted to beat him up. As we walked away Sister Chudleigh put her arm around me and we got in the car and said a prayer for this man. I never in my life have desired to pray for someone who was so rude to me until I became a missionary. It helped take away most of my anger and I strongly suggest praying for your enemies :) 

This week I had a change of heart. I realized that when I came on my mission I thought that everyone would change. I thought everyone back home would instantly just want to be so righteous (NOT that you aren't) But I just thought like me coming on a mission that like everyone would want to go to the temple every day and stuff like that, but this week as I pondered I realized I didn't come on my mission so that everyone back home would change. I realized that my mission will change me. It will change the way I view things, and the way that has happened is I have been able to JUST LOVE, love people who aren't nice to me, who aren't righteous. I love how I expected everyone else to change, but first, I had to. I am so grateful for every single one of you, you are such great examples to me!! 

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!"

Love ALL of you!!
Sister DeLoach

No comments:

Post a Comment