Tuesday, May 10, 2016

2 Months Down! 5/8/16

Well, kinda crazy... But, I already got my release date and it's September 5, 2017. I am excited for the time I get out here, but it's nice to have an end goal in mind. 
Well this week was much better. I had a beautiful week. This week we set another investigator with a baptismal DATE!!! Her name is Shayne, she is 12, her parents have been Less Active for about 13 years, but her friends are LDS and she loves to come to church, activities, and read the Book of Mormon. We had our first lesson, and she asked us, "When can I be baptized?" HAHA it's not typical for the investigator to ask.. We set her for May 28, and she seems so happy, her parents are okay with it too!! Alan gets baptized THIS weekend!! I am so excited for him. I can tell that Satan is working really hard on him right now, and it breaks my heart to see. But, He is so dedicated to the Lord, he can do it!!! Well, the beginning of this week I was still struggling pretty bad, so I decided to meet with President Rudd. It was the best thing I could have done. I know that man is called of God, he gave me some of the best advice, but the best thing he said is "No one in this mission has died of being homesick yet" HAHA,  I know that I can do this. It's by far the hardest thing I've done, but I am not alone, I can do this!!! As I was struggling one night, I decided to read in Alma 26 when Ammon is talking about how he overcame his weaknesses and struggles on his mission. THIS CHAPTER OF THE BOOK OF MORMON SAVED MY LIFE. Particularly this verse. 

16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

No one can glory to much in God. I am so grateful to have this opportunity to give all that I have unto him. I know it will change me forever!! Yesterday after church we were on here at the Visitors Center, and this lady walked in all by her self on mothers day. She smelt of cigarettes, and was all by her self. We talked to her and took her to the Christus room, and she just sat there and stared at him. We played the message for her, and she just stared. When it finished she said play that again, I felt so amazing. So we played it again. It was so special to see the spirit work through this Catholic woman. We then took her into the Book of Mormon room and testified that it is another testament of Jesus Christ and that the gospel has been restored and she was like yeah this is for sure true. We were like blown away... HAHA As we were doing this I felt prompted to invite her to baptism when she got a confirmation that these things were true. She kinda just sat there, and I then invited her to meet with the local missionaries. She said she wanted to think about it. We then took her into the Theatre room and showed her a clip called "Come Unto Christ" It's only shown here in NZ, and it's UNREAL!!! She just sat there and said how beautiful it was. When it ended, she said "So can I leave you my address and number so that I can have missionaries come over?" It was so special. We then asked about her life and family, and she has a daughter whom she isn't close with. We told her we had a mom that wasn't close at this time and that we could be here daughters and she could be our mom. It was really special. She said we made her mothers day and she didn't know why she came up here, but now she did. As she walked out the door, she yelled "Bye Daughters" It was such a special moment to share with a child of God who was lost, yet who had just been found. 
This week went fast, and I know they're going to keep picking up. I kinda already want it to slow down!! I don't mean to boast at all, but we are just super excited... But Sister Chudleigh and I hit Standards of Excellence the last two weeks!! And we only get half time out there since we are in the VC, we are working so hard for the Lord, and it's paying off!! One night I felt kinda down, sister chudleigh pulled out some facemasks and we had a good time. I love her, she knows what to do always to make me feel better!! One last thing that meant a lot to me, after I spoke on Sunday a really old lady came up to me, and said, "I loved listening to you speak. You and that Sister are very special, but I must say as you spoke I realized you have a special spirit about you." I don't mean to share this with you to tell you I think I did a great job, I share it with you because I have been praying to make a difference, and to help others... AND my prayer was answered. I love it here, and I love it there. I feel so fortunate to be in the circumstances I am in. I love and miss you all and will SKYPE you today!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!! 
God Speed, I LOVE YOU... SO DOES JESES
Sister Maddie DeLoach










































No comments:

Post a Comment