Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Kia Ora! 5-22-16

Hello Fam!!! 
This week started out great!! I was pretty homesick at district meeting and asked the District Leader for a blessing and he gave me one. It was such a beautiful blessing and in it he said that my family would be surrounded by angels why I am gone, and that they will be protected. It felt so comforting to know that the same angels that watch over me here are watching over you there. I love you all!! 

So one day I was feeling down, this random guy named Sam came in and said he was here to see me. He was from Utah, and said hello from my family!! He was such an answer to my prayers and really made me realize that God knows me, and loves me. I felt so grateful. As we were talking with him, he asked for a tour and I felt like we should show him Come Unto Christ, and after we did he was in tears. I told him as I watched that the words"Once you feel his love you'll never be the same" really stuck out, and he got more tears and said, He was so grateful he stopped by. He came to make my day, and that my companion and I really made his day, and answered questions he had. 

Well, we have this investigator named Craig, he is a total Maori hipster HAHA and we had a lesson with him, and HE IS GETTING BAPTIZED on June 25!!! He is unreal, and is so serious about it! He lived in our area, just moved to Hamilton East, but doesn't want special privileges to come to our ward, so he sold his house and is moving back into our area Wednesday just for the gospel!! He is so keen! He talks so much, it's hard to fit in words, he just had a triple heart by pass surgery, so he is getting better, but it makes him talk to much!! HAHA 

We had 2 miracles this week at the VC, two different days we had these keen as people come in and they were each super stoked about the gospel and so we invited them to meet with the local missionaries and they said YES!! As we put these referrals into the computer our phone started going off, and we looked at our phone and BEHOLD we HAD two referral texts!!! BOTH of these boys who are super keen about the gospel, live in our area, and our basically our neighbors. What a miracle that not one, but two of them are in our area. We felt so grateful. Everyone says that miracles happen around new missionaries, and I 100% believe it!!!! I am so grateful to be here!! 

One day at dinner we decided to walk around the lake and take pictures, look how gorgeous it is here!!!! Can't wait to share the beauty with you all someday!!!!!  Also, Alan got his Aaronic Priesthood interview and gets ordained next week, he says this gospel is "AWESOME" in his accent of course!! HAHA I love you all, and I will be online for about 30 more minutes, so please still write to me! I love you heaps!!

"You are doing better than you could ever imagine"
Love, Sister Maddie DeLoach 






No comments:

Post a Comment