Sunday, May 1, 2016

Kia Ora Whanau 5-1-16

Whanau= Family and Friends
How is everyone? I know this is probably just another group email you get from a missionary, but I just wanted to let each of you know how grateful I am for you. This past week, It hit me. I AM HOMESICK. I miss everything, and I wake up feeling like someone just kicked me in the stomach. It hurts, but it doesn't kill me. I realized this week after asking for a blessing that these growing pains are necessary for the growth of which I am receiving. I know I'm homesick, and I know 18 months feels like an eternity, but somehow everytime I pray I feel God's love, and I feel all of your love. It's hard to ask this, but if you would please pray for me this next week, I feel your prayers and I know this will give me the strength I need to continue on!! This week was still amazing though. Yesterday we got a referral from someone at church and we decided to go over to their house. We went and the lady named Loni, she seemed so uninterested. I liked her though because she had a raiders hat on!! (OH YEAH DAD!) She told us she didn't want to be a mormon, she didn't want to stop marijuana, smoking or drinking, but that she would listen.. HAHAH it was interesting. We started talking to her, and I soon came to a loss of words. I literally could not say anything, no words or thoughts were coming to my mind, and I said a silent prayer, and I did this I heard the words in my head, "Open your mouth and I will speak through you". I know that Jesus Christ lives, I know he is the teacher and I am the messenger. I know this mission is hard, but it's supposed to be that way. As we kept talking to Loni, and after I spoke and Sister Chudleigh spoke, she had a change of heart. She still didn't want to meet with us again, but she said she wanted to be our friend, she liked what we had, and she accepted the invitation to Pray to God to see if he was really there for her. That is CHANGE! I love witnessing people speaking with God for the first time, we are so grateful that we know God and that we know we are his children. We all have a sense of worth because we are children of a divine being.
I would please ask if you would all watch the mormon message "Hope of God's Light" It's changed my life and I hope it can help you with where ever you are on your relationship scale with God. 
God Speed my beautiful friends!! 
Sister Madeline DeLoach














No comments:

Post a Comment