Sunday, May 1, 2016

Another Week 5-1-16

Another week!! YAY!! This week has been really challenging for me. I wake up daily feeling like I've been kicked in the stomach, I feel so homesick. I know that it's part of the journey, but it's been a long hard week. I felt really down one day so I asked one of the senior couples here at the VC to give me a blessing. He gave me about a ten minute blessing and in it shared that I would experience ten years of growth in a year and a half, so growing pains were necessary. He also said that just at Joseph Smith was told, that this should all be for my experience and for my good. He then said about Alma that he could feel the prayers of the righteous and of his family and that as I did my best I could feel the love and prayers of my family. He said I was the fresh air and bright smile that New Zealand needed, and that I was already changing lives." I just cried as he said this blessing, it didn't make my homesickness go away, but it made it easier to bare. I'm still trying to figure out how 18 months can not seem like my whole life, but I am grateful to have this time to find myself and to give back to the Lord. 
The people here in NZ are amazing. Their faith is absolutely unreal. They talk about the Holy Ghost like he is there BFF. They'll be like, "And the Holy Ghost told me to do this, so I did it" Honestly, they are a very choice, and righteous people! One day as I was feeling down, I just decided to pray, as I decided to pray the thought of Grandpa Meyer came to mind and I realized that he is here with me, I feel his love, and I know he is walking the streets of NZ with me, he never leaves me comfortless, he is always with me. It was quite a random thought to have, but I know that he is truly with me, I feel his love and his warm arms surrounding me. 
It's funny here in NZ people are so laid back, our bishop wears flip flops.. HAHAH It throws me off, I could not see Layne wearing those HAHAHA thats actually a funny sight.. The other day Sister Chudleigh and I were in charge of a primary group here at the VC and we had them looking at the temple singing I love to see the temple, it was so special. Yesterday we got a referral at church and we went and visited her. Her name is Loni, and she is Maori. She really didn't want to meet with us but her flat mate's little brother just returned from his mission and he was in town and had her meet with us. It was going good, but I literally could have no idea what to say. It was like my brain was blank, almost like the Holy Ghost was telling me it wasn't my turn. I said a silent prayer and then heard the words, "Open your mouth and I will speak through you".. I did just that, and I don't remember what I said or what Sister Chudleigh said, but Loni had softened her heart. She before hand told us she didn't want to be Mormon, she like Marijuana, and drinking and smoking and had no desire to give them up and by this time she accepted to pray to God and to ask if he was really there. We showed her a mormon message called the: Hope of God's Light, PLEASE WATCH IT. It's unreal and has strengthened so many people including myself. She didn't want to meet again, but she said she would pray to God, and that was good enough for us. 
I feel my Saviors love, I feel your love, and I know we are all on the winning team. 18 Months is long, but these people being lost forever is even longer. I am happy here, and I do love the people, I am just experiencing growing pains, but I am more than willing to experience them!! 
I love you all, I pray for you multiple times a day, and I think about you always!!! 
God Speed!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment