Sunday, May 1, 2016

4-24-16 (to friends)

I'm in New Zealand!! I love it here!! I had the longest plane ride ever but it's amazing here!! My Mission President is the best in the whole wide world, and his wife is too!! She sounds and acts just like Pam Piacitelli!!! HAHA! Well, I got my trainer her name is Sister Chudleigh, she is unreal! I feel so blessed to have her! Everyone that knows I got her told me I was so lucky, she is basically famous in this mission! We got assigned to Lake Rotoroa, here in Hamiltion. We have a gorgeous place and view every day! I got attacked by fleas... SO yeah it's pretty great here HAHA!!! We white washed our area which means it's a new area for the two of us, and we are really excited about it. She only has 2 months left. While we were looking through old records to try and figure out where to start, We saw a progressive investigators records named Alan! We kept reading and then got a call, HE called US!! He called and asked if we could come over! We did!!! We went over and met with him. It was super amazing. He has been doing discussions for 4 months but can't stop smoking. As we read the Book of Mormon with him and as we were talking he said "WOW WOW WOW i just can't get enough, I just love this so much" He is truly unreal. He is a big huge scary looking guy, but he is such a softy, he cries all the time and we always give him a hard time. Anyways, as we were reading and it was my first day here I felt prompted to invite him to baptism, SO I did!! and he said YES!!!!!!! Alan is getting baptized on May 14 and confirmed May 15 which is the day Joseph Smith received the Aronic Priesthood. I am so happy for Alan. He's been in and out of Prison, he has 2 children, he has schizophrenia, super bad smoking problems but when asked to be baptized his life made sense. He gave us all of his smokes, and hasn't smoked since then. His body even went into shock the next day and he ended up in the hospital, but he said he STILL won't smoke. I feel so grateful that he was given a fresh start with fresh new missionaries, it's so good for him. You should here him pray!! He says the cutest prayers "Thank you for the missionaries, Thank you for Me, and myself, Jesus you're the most awesomest man in the world and I love you so much" What innocence and pure joy to hear those words. I love him. He showed up at church yesterday and I just wept. As he walked in we were singing I stand all amazed, I do stand all amazed, and I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I am homesick, and I think the people here talk crazy and say heaps, and sweet as, and chur bruh and drive on the wrong side of the road, but I love seeing people change. I have NEVER in my life experienced more joy than to see him realize his worth. I love it here, and I love and miss you ALL!!! Jesus Loves you! 
Love, Sister Madeline Cleone DeLoach

No comments:

Post a Comment