Tuesday, May 10, 2016

2 months Down (friends) 5/8/16

Hello everyone!!! I had a much better week :) How are you all? I am loving it here. This week we were able to set another investigator named Shayne for baptism:) She is 12 years old, and super amazing. She is hilarious, she asked "When I get baptized do I shampoo and condition my hair in the water so that I am all clean" HAHA Oh the innocence. I love her. Alan gets baptized this weekend and I am so excited for him. Satan is definitely working really hard on him... But, he can do it!! One thing that really stuck out to me this week was yesterday on Mothers Day. We had just spoke in church and then we headed to the Visitors Center to work. As we got here there was this older lady, all by herself on mothers day, and she smelt really bad of ciagrettes so we figured she wasn't a member. As we talked to her, we moved into the Christus room. As she stare at the statue of Christ she had us play the message. We did, and she just stared at him. As the message ended, she said play it again. She then told us how amazing she felt during it. We talked and testified of Jesus Christ and his love for her. Her eyes filled with tears as you could imagine she was very lonely and hearing Christ loved her made her whole again. I felt prompted after taking her to the Book of Mormon stand to invite her to be baptized when she felt she knew this was true and to meet with the local missionaries since she lived a few towns away. She said she wasn't sure... We took her into the theatre room and played a video only showed here in NZ, called Come Unto Christ. She just watched in awe, and as it ended she said, "Where Can I leave my address and phone number so that the missionaries can come over?" I knew Jesus Christ had prompted me to do the right thing, and I knew he loved her and it was her time to learn. We then talked to her about her family, and why she was alone. She said she has a daughter who lives far away and we said that we have a Mom who lives far away. We said we would be her daughters if she would be our mom. She agreed and said we made her Mothers Day. She said she didn't know how she ended up here, but was so grateful she did. As she walked out the door she yelled "Bye Daughters" What a tender mercy, being away from my mom on Mothers Day yet feeling of her sweet love through a random stranger. JESUS Christ knows you, HE loves you. He isn't waiting for you to be perfect to love you, he loves you right this very second. If you are hungry, lost, or captive he's the one who sets you free. COME unto christ. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! 
Love, Sister DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment