Sunday, May 1, 2016

3rd P-day 4-8-16

AHHH!!! I made it to my second wednesday and THIRD P-Day!!!! YAYAYAYAY!!! This week seemed to fly by. I feel like I just emailed you a few days ago. Well Conference was this weekend, and it was amazing. One of my favorite talks was by D. Todd Christofferson, he talked about the importance of being a Father. The one line that stuck out to me the most was when he said "We honor our parents by how we live our lives." We all need to honor mom and dad, they have done so much for us, and I imagine they're already so proud of all of us for what we've done.I love being a DeLoach even if my name tag says De Loach.. Still love it :) President Monson literally spoke for 3 minutes, yet I still learned so much from him. He talked all about choices. He said, "choose the harder right than the easier wrong." My mission is hard, somedays I want to give up. But nothing worth having is EVER easy, it's just the harder right. I am grateful for a prophet in these last days who loves and guides us. I SUSTAIN PRESIDENT THOMAS S. MONSON, and I hope you all do too. It was heart breaking to hear others appose him. But at the same time Uchtdorf played it so well and was like "You're vote has been counted"  HAHAH it was funny. The other day we got new investigators and one of ours was a girl named Sara, she kind of frustrated me because she asks the most irrelevant questions such as "What is the stance on transgenders in the Mormon church, Why can't girls have the priesthood" Things that just don't matter. As we started talking about how a lot of religions have the "priesthood" she said it bugged her how we thought ours was the only correct one. Something came over me and said "Ask her if she's even ever had a blessing" So I followed the prompting and asked her. She said she hadn't and I said the only way to understand and to feel the power of the priesthood was to feel of it's blessings!! So I asked if she would be willing to receive a blessing. She said she would love that. BUT one problem we aren't elders... HAHa I opened the door and right as I did two random elders I have never seen were running by. I stopped them and asked if they could come give her a blessing, and they did. These two random elders gave Sara, the most simple yet beautiful blessing. She after the blessing looked at us and said "I don't know what I felt, but I cannot deny the priesthood power" It was such an amazing thing to be a part of. Something I've taken for granted in my life. We then gave her a talk called "Power in the Priesthood" which was written for women about their role in the priesthood. The other day, in class... I had a laughing attack... it lasted 45 minutes and I could NOT stop laughing for the life of me!!!! It was soooo funny, I laugh even thinking about it. Well, I leave her the 18, which means one more week!!!!!! I am so excited, yet pretty nervous. Yesterday was in-field training ALL day, and it made me more excited to be a "real missionary". The other day with one of our investigators, I had the amazing opportunity to testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. As I held this blue book in front of my face, all the trials that Joseph Smith went to crossed my mind, all the things that happened to him including death, all for this book. I just cried as I testified of this book, never have I ever felt such power in a book. Joseph Smith WOULD have given up if this book wasn't true. I testify to all of you, the Book of Mormon is true. If it's been a while since you've read it, or if you never have I challenge you to read it, thats what i am doing right now. Thank you all for the letters, I received one from everyone this week, THAT brings tears to my eyes. I have only received stuff from family, which is okay, I always know you'd be there for me!! We have a devotional every Sunday night and Tuesday,and Tuesday we had a devotional from a member of the 70 from New Zealand!!!!!!!! His name is Ian S. Ardern, my favorite thing he said was "Don't put a question mark where the Lord has put an exclamation." Let God direct your life, I promise he will only make it better than you could ever imagine. I love you all more than you could imagine, and It's hard thinking i'm not even 1/18 of the way... BUT I am almost there. I love you all, I will be on a for a bit so please write me!!! God speed, remember how much I love you!!
"Picture everyone you see in white, we're all worthy of it"
Sister Madeline Cleone DeLoach

No comments:

Post a Comment