Monday, June 6, 2016

3 months!!! 6-4-16

I've been gone 3 months, can you believe it? This week was transfers, and I stayed with Sister Chudleigh in the Lake Ward. I am so happy about it too :) On Monday, since it was right before transfers, the Senior Couples in the VC put together something fun for all of us to do that are in the VC, and this week it was bowling!! We had so much fun, and they all laughed so hard at the way that I bowl, luckily it's fun to laugh at yourself sometimes HAHA. Well, we attended Family History with Alan, and can I just say that I have never felt the spirit so strong as I did while learning about my ancestors. I felt so grateful learning about them. I know that they are close, I know this because I feel them close. 
The other day we went back to the house where we got the door slammed in our faces, and we decided to try again, as we pulled up we both felt so scared, seeing how it was night time, and it's kind of down an alley... We said a prayer and then the story I heard from my Bishopric at USU came to mind of a girl who was on her mission, and everyday walked past gang members, and they never said a word, and one time she decided to ask them why they never noticed the Sisters when they walked by, and the man said "We do notice you, but we would never say a word to you when we see that man walking with you" I instantly knew that we could do this, because we weren't alone. We then got the courage and went to the door and had a really nice conversation with this woman named Shannon :)

Yesterday the Rudd's had their final Fireside for investigators and the public at the VC, they leave here June 30. It was so awesome, but the best part was seeing Alan there. He just makes me so happy, as he sat there alone in the congregation, I just saw his for who he truly is. I saw him as a Man who truly wants to do his best. I am so grateful to see him through God's eyes. I just had such a tender feeling come into my heart as I thought about all the changes he's been through, and all the trials he's faced along the way. Yesterday he received the Aaronic Priesthood, and he got his temple recommend. I have never seen anyone so happy. I truly love him, I am so grateful for him. 

We had a cool experience this week at an ex communicated members house, he is the big Maori guy in the photo, he is awesome and almost ready to be baptized again I think!! He has a flat mate, she was so rude when we walked in, we went to give her a hug and she just sat there like a board, it was so awkward, luckily Sis. Chudleigh hugged her first so I just patted her on the back hahah. As we just sat and talked to Aaron the EX member to catch up and see how he was she would add in randomly I go to church on Saturday, I'm not Mormon.. All of a sudden she was softening and we then shared a scripture in the New Testament and she listened and even prayed with us and Aaron. It was so cool, after she gave us each a big hug, and apologized and said she thought we came to preach but when she saw that we just came to see how Aaron was and when she felt how genuine we were that she really felt bad. She said she shouldn't have treated us that way and kept saying sorry. It was amazing to see her change of heart! I felt so grateful to witness this, and I know it was a testimony builder for him to see his flat mate change too!! 

This work isn't easy, somedays at 6:30 a.m I wonder what the heck I am doing, but then I meet people like this, and hear their amazing stories, and then somehow all the trials, and hard days make it worth it. I am so grateful to be a missionary, even though it's hard. 

I love yous, sooo much!!! 
LOVE Sister Maddie DeLoach 









No comments:

Post a Comment