Sunday, June 19, 2016

Hello (Friends) 6-12-16


Friends!! How are you all? How is everyones summer going? SOO Jealous it's summer!! This week was kinda long, but it was great!! 

We had Stake Conference, and the whole focus was on the temples, I hope and pray that wherever you are on your journey to the temple that you'll start today to make it more central in your life. I have never really understood the importance of the temple in my life, but now I see that was such a mistake. I know that you can make it there :) If you think you're the biggest sinner in the world or the best person at attending the temple, we can all be better. 

This week Alan received the Melchizedek Priesthood, I was SO stinking proud of him. He has changed so much in just 7 weeks that I've known him. He was a chain smoker, has been in prison, has done CRAZY things, and in 7 WEEKS, has received the higher Priesthood. Life is NOT impossible, you can do it, and Alan is proof. I am so proud of him. He is my friend that I've been longing to find, he makes me sooo happy!!! 

We met a potential investigator named Hoira this week, and when we got to her house she was hot boxing her house, and it was freezing outside soooo.. we went in, and pretty sure we both left high.. but we had a good lesson..AHAAH No.. she is awesome, but she told us her whole life story and it was crazy. She told us how 7 years ago she got in a terrible car accident and her WHOLE family died, but HER. Literally I just sat there in shock at her story, and she has severe brain damage because of this, but all of this helped her to find Jesus Christ, she knew she was here for a reason. She has no interest in being LDS(yet) for reasons stated above;) HAHA but we were able to sit there and sing Maori songs and hymns with her. She just praises Jesus the whole time and it is awesome!! She is lesbian too I think, but I guess only God can judge!! HAHA

It's awesome to be a missionary, life is hard sometimes, but it's good. I am so grateful for each of you and your example. I feel so blessed to know you ALL. Read the talk called "His Grace is Sufficient" By Brad Wilcox.. YOU won't regret it. I love you all so much!! 

Love Always, Sister Maddie DeLoach 






No comments:

Post a Comment