Sunday, June 19, 2016

Hello Family 6-12-16



How are you all? This week was wonderful, but it was long!! Sounds like everyone is doing amazing!! I am jealous you're all having so much fun in the warm weather!!! 
This week was challenging, but like every challenging week, I learned HEAPS.

The beginning of this week Sister Chudleigh had so many promptings of places we should go, and people we should see, and I kinda just felt like nothing was happening to me, that I was receiving none of the promptings she was.. It was kind of hard to accept, so I just began to pray and then the thought came to my head, Go Visit Hoira. She is a potential investigator who really doesn't want to convert, just wants to chat.. But we went over and her house was literally being hot boxed full of like weed, and there were beer cans every where, but it was freezing outside so we went in..HAHA I left high I am pretty sure, but it was so fun to hear her story. She didn't even believe in God, she was in a car accident 7 years ago, and her whole family, yes everyone died, but her. She has severe brain damage and was told she could never walk or talk again, which she does both now:) She found a Christian church that she loves and she LOVES Jesus. She is so amazing, she doesn't want to be LDS right now for obvious reasons, but she has truly done the right thing by turning to Christ in times of despair. She is awesome, she is lesbian I am pretty sure, and kinda scary looking, but only God can judge right? She is awesome, a big Maori lady, she sang us songs :) 

Well, we had Zone Meeting this week and since President Rudd is leaving so soon, he took away all protocols, which are like rules he's made for the mission, so now all we have is the white handbook.. I am only happy because I now have no time limit to write to you guys!! I am happy too that he trusts us so much, but I am pretty sure he has to do this so that the new president coming in can make his own rules, we have our last Zone Conference this week with he and his wife, it will be so hard so see them go, I've truly come to love them, but I am so excited for them  to get home to their family after 3 years, I couldn't imagine staying that long!!!! 

We had stake conference this weekend and ALAN KINGI GOT THE MELCHIZEDEK PRIESTHOOD!!!!! He is so amazing, he came to the VC last night to just chat, and he told us about when he was receiving the priesthood he felt angels around him and he just felt so warm. He said he went home and told his flatmates that he got the priesthood (He actually said I'm an Elder now HAHA), all of which aren't members, and a few of them said "You got that"? and started laughing, it really hurt his feelings, but he said then I realized that YES I GOT IT, I AM SPECIAL TO HEAVENLY FATHER. He is so amazing. I know that we all have moments in life when we think things aren't for us, but never forget that everything in this church is so individualized. I love that about the gospel, we get baptized one by one and Jesus calls the children to him one by one. 

Stake Conference all they talked about was temples, I hope that we all can find a way to make it to the temple. I have struggled with realizing the importance of temples in my life, but wherever you are on your journey to make it to the temple, YOU are not far enough away. Make the temple a bigger priority and you will find happiness in your life. If you can't have enough faith to say you'll make it to the temple, at least muster the hope to say " You hope you can make it to the temple." I love you all, and I feel honored to be a DeLoach. 

Without me, You can do nothing. -God

Love, Always Sister Maddie DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment