Sunday, June 19, 2016

Hey Fam 6-19-16


Hello Family :)

How are you all this week? The mission is amazing, and I finally feel really great here!! I am getting comfortable, and am really starting to feel at home!! So that is good, until I have to get transferred HAHA.. 

Well, on Monday we went to Hamilton Gardens, it's a lot like thanksgiving point other than it's free and they have gardens representing different parts of the world, it was actually really beautiful. Today Sister Chudleigh and I are getting our nerd on, and going with the Petersen's to Hobbiton, I guess I have to pretend to be a fan today;) It's $80 each person and the Petersen's won't let us pay, are buying us lunch and Dinner, and they say it's because we are poor missionaries, they are seriously soooo kind to us. 

Well we had a WHOLE day full of miracles. We had to ride bikes this week for like 2 hours because our car had to go to the shop in town, so we decided to ride around town, yes in our dresses on bikes and right as I got on my bike realized I had a flat tire, and yes I wore a funny looking helmet. Luckily it's against the law to not wear a helmet, so no one judges me:) Anyways we went to the Mission office to get my bike fixed and then we decided to ride around town until we could get our car. We got on our bikes and RIGHT then it started to pour rain, we didn't care though:) We kept riding, I had never felt more like a missionary in my entire life!! We then went to the store, got a few groceries, and then went to go take pictures on this beautiful bridge. WE turned down the wrong street 3 times, and were getting lost. As we went down the 3rd wrong street this man stopped us, and he was the Bishop of Hamilton East, and he directed us in the right way, we went to the bridge, took photos, and then got the call that our car was finished. (Think about the timing of all of this as I keep on telling my story) We got our car, decided to go see this lady who has turned us away 6 times, and when we got there, there wasn't a car.. So we decided to walk over to Chris's House, the midget and leave him a note. We knew he was at work, but wanted him to know we were thinking about him. As we walked back from his house, CASSEY, the lady we intended on seeing pulled into her house, and invited US INSIDE!!! We taught about the Book of Mormon, and she was sooo interested, even invited us back :) I know that ALL of those wrong turns put us at the exact right moment at her house. I am so grateful that God's hand played a big role in that. After her house we had to head to the VC, but decided we had a few min to stop by a Inactive families house. Little did we realize that we didn't know their address and that it wasn't on the ward list we left at home.. We knew they lived down Minifie Road, so we drove down the road, we also knew they were African American.. SO secretly we were hoping someone would be outside..HAHA. We then drove around and decided to pull out the old ward list we had to see if anyone else lived on that road and we could go ask them, and we got to their name and on the old ward list, there was their correct address, and it just SOO Happened to be the exact house we had been pulled in front of. WHAT A MIRACLE DAY!!! 

Well We had our last Zone Conference with the Rudd's and it was amazing, they just talked about HOW great our potential is. President Rudd said "For pete sake, you're a New Zealand Hamiltion Missionary, YOU will change the world" I know that I can do great things, and I know that you can do great things, YOU are a son or daughter of GOD!!! The creator of the WORLD!! Their is a famous singer here, named Rangi Parker, she is very elderly, I had no idea who she was, I just saw this old woman and thought her scarf was cute, so I told her "That is a beautiful scarf" She said you like it don't you? " I said yes it's gorgeous"  she said "HERE" Took it off and placed it on me. WOW. I learned to not compliment Maori people, they will give everything they have to you!!!! :) After everyone was like "Do you know who that was?" HAHA I felt so cool!!!

The other day Alan did baptisms for the Dead and after he walked into the VC just glowing, He just said ' WOW WOW WOW, that is the greatest thing, WOW" It was so cute. I am so proud of him, he passed the sacrament too with all the 12 year olds, he just smiled the whole time and felt like he was the coolest person in the whole world, after he said " I am the Man" HAHAHA. he is so crack up. 

WE were doing family history with him, the other night and I was looking on mine so we could show him how to do his, and I was thinking a lot about Grandpa Meyer, as we got off and came up stairs to the VC, we hugged and kissed all the sister's goodbye and we had hugged all of them, and this one sister I had already hugged ran up to me as I was walking out, and gave me another hug and whispered in my ear "Your Grandpa Loves you".... I couldn't even say a word. No one knew other than Heavenly Father that I was thinking about him, no one even knew he is passed away. I am so aware of the thin veil that surrounds us, I know that Grandpa is with me and with all of you!! I know that all my uncles, and ancestors that have passed away are cheering me on!!! They need me, and I need them:)

Well, Dad, and Brothers!! Happy Father's Day, and Happy (In the future) Father's DAY!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! 

I know that Jesus Christ is aware of each of you, HE LOVES YOU!!! 

Love, Sister Maddie DeLoach



























This is the Haka Bride that went like viral on the Internet, where her husband and her had all those doing the Haka for them, and they come to the VC all the time!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment