Friday, December 9, 2016

HALF WAY!!!! 12-5-16

Today marks 9 MONTHS!!! I cannot believe I made it. NEVER thought this day would come, and now I think it came too quick. I just want to bare my testimony that I have loved my mission. It truly has been the hardest thing I have ever done, but also the most rewarding. I never ever thought in life my joy would come from seeing others come to church, or pray, or just say hi to us. I never in a million years would have thought that HALF way across the world where the most beautiful people I have ever met. I never thought that Heavenly Father had the perfect plan until I followed his plan for me, and I have literally seen the beauty and the picture he has prepared for me. I CANNOT imagine my life if I had never come. I LOVE these people, I can't talk about them without getting tears in my eyes, I definitely know that this is EXACTLY where I am supposed to be. It's like I said the hardest thing I have ever done, but I can honestly say the most rewarding too. I thought being in pageants, and dancing and cheering brought me happiness, and they did, but I cannot explain the feelings of pure joy and peace I get as I see others find light, find hope and find Jesus Christ. It is truly so humbling. I have learned to love EVERYONE. I find so much beauty in diversity, I love people with tattoos, my favorite people are those who's houses smell like smoke to the max and those who are drunk, and I love them because our Savior too thought them worthy of His blood, I love them because I see potential in them. I seriously cannot believe I am on the downward SLOPE!!!!!!! 

It was a complete miracle, yesterday TWO of our Less Active FAMILIES, came to church. The Tumai's came and brought their daughter Atawhi and Christy came and brought her two daughters, it was amazing, they came to Relief Society, and the ladies SWARMED them we couldn't even talk to them, but it was amazing how special this ward made them feel!! We went to the temple on Thursday with Kezia, she was Less Active, but through the visitors centre has come back and now received her endowment, and it was so special being in the Celestial Room with all these missionaries and people I have come to love so much! 

Bon was supposed to get baptized today in California, but has postponed it due to some nerves I think, please pray for her. She really is amazing, and has come so far in the gospel, I would hate to see her go back to her old ways. Yesterday the sweetest thing happened to me, this mum and little girl came to VC and the mum asked if she could get a blessing, she was sick. The Senior Couples gave her one and we said out and played with her daughter, she was so cute. She didn't talk much but she loved me. She followed me around, held my hand, and sat right by me. When the mum came out she wouldn't go back to her. The mum said "I have no idea what is going on, she has never gone to someone else." It was seriously so cute, she wouldn't let go of my leg so I walked her to the car, and she was screaming letting go of me. The mum said "I feel like I am kidnapping my own daughter." hahah it was so sweet. Elder Peterson pulled me aside after and said "I have noticed on my mission that kids are much closer to the veil than we can imagine, there is a reason why she didn't want to leave you, she felt safe, she felt at home." It was so sweet, and I can honestly say as I looked at this child I saw her with Charity, I saw her as a beautiful, perfect daughter of God. 

It was a great week, Christmas lights start on December 10, we will be full on!! We work every single day from 6-11 p.m. luckily we still get 8 hours of sleep so we won't have to wake up at 6:30 while going to bed that late, I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! 

I love you all heaps, Dallin Devyn, Dayton, and Josh  your Christmas Gifts are coming in a package to Mom and Dad, Jordan and Salem yours are coming to your houses. Just fyi, I forgot Christmas was so soon so sorry the gifts are so lame, I promise I will make it up when I am home!! 

AROHANUI,
Sister DeLoach 














No comments:

Post a Comment