Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas Week (friends) 12-18-16

Merry Christmas!!!!

Found out this week why my lips have been swelling every time I eat....I am allergic to wheat, soy, fish and peanuts?? This explains my problems for the last 19 years of my life! haha 

Well, I know that a while back I mentioned how we got that older lady who is a heavy smoker who hadn't been to church in 50+ years to come to church, well we got word this week that she had passed away.. It was really sad, especially because none of her family is religious. They do funerals and death very different here, they have the family and friends gather around they bring the casket for 3 days to the house and they sleep with the dead person until their funeral.... It would freak me out I think!!!!! We went to see the family and her dead body was there, and I was not a fan. It was kind of scary, but it was really neat, they let us as missionaries put on the funeral. It was SO SAD to see the pain in these people, actually everyone there who thought they would never see her again... I am so grateful for the knowledge that death isn't the end, I felt really sad that she had passed, but I felt so happy for the time I got to know her and the time I had to show Charity to her, she is one person who I served who I knew could do nothing for me in return, but I loved her anyway, I knew Christ loved her, so I did. She will really be missed, and I am so glad we had the opportunity to have her at church once, and she even read ONE verse of scripture with us. I am so proud of her!

Valarie Adams (olympic gold medalist) came back in the VC this week, during the day just with her friend, and just talked to my comp and I. She was SO genuine, and I gained so much respect for her. She gave me a hug and kiss and wished me a Merry Christmas, SO nice of her, YES I was definitely on my tip-toes!! hahah she is huge!!! 

Take time this week to think how GRATEFUL you are for the situation you are in. I know that whatever circumstance we are in, we can ALWAYS find Joy!!! Merry Christmas to each of you.  I LOVE YOU HEAPS and I hope you have the best time with your family and friends!!! 

Arohanui,
Sister DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment