Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas Week 12-18-16

NEWS: Found out this week at the Dr's I am allergic to wheat, soy, fish and peanuts.. this should be interesting! Also, the Matsumoti's (Japanese) came in the other day with Elder Gifford Neilson who is a general authority and they looked at my name tag and said "We know DeLoach's but they're from SLC and he's a dentist and she's a martial artist." UH, thats my parents. hahah They are the Attorney's for the Pacific missions I guess, and they live here in Auckland, they asked about Josh, and wanted to know how he was, they said their son Derrick was his great friend!! 

ALSO I WILL SKYPE AT 4:00 p.m (Utah time) Christmas day for you!!

Got to take Valarie Adams (olympic gold medalist) on a tour. She just came the other day during the day with her friend, it was just my comp and I and she and her friend. She was SO nice. She let us talk, she listened to us, and she even gave me a hug and kiss and wished me a Merry Christmas! ..Yes I was on my tippy toes!


Well, I know that a while back I mentioned how we got that older lady who is a heavy smoker who hadn't been to church in 50+ years to come to church, well we got word this week that she had passed away.. It was really sad, especially because none of her family is religious. They do funerals and death very different here, they have the family and friends gather around they bring the casket for 3 days to the house and they sleep with the dead person until their funeral.... It would freak me out I think!!!!! We went to see the family and her dead body was there, and I was not a fan. It was kind of scary, but it was really neat, they let us as missionaries put on the funeral. It was SO SAD to see the pain in these people, actually everyone there who thought they would never see her again... I am so grateful for the knowledge that death isn't the end, I felt really sad that she had passed, but I felt so happy for the time I got to know her and the time I had to show Charity to her, she is one person who I served who I knew could do nothing for me in return, but I loved her anyway, I knew Christ loved her, so I did. She will really be missed, and I am so glad we had the opportunity to have her at church once, and she even read ONE verse of scripture with us. I am so proud of her!

Meadow and River, the 7 and 10 year old girls we have been working with who's Mom is Christy who has been Less Active, left for America with their dad for a few weeks for the holiday. It was so great seeing all that we have been able to teach them over the period of the last 8 weeks. I really love this area and the people I have been able to meet. Christy is now Active, so are her two little girls, the Tumai family who was Less Active, is now active, and planning on getting Atawhai baptized. MIRACLES

It's so humbling every single day being able to take so many people on tours, but to also be in our area teaching so many individuals who I love. I am in awe at the kindness of the people here, and the love they have for us missionaries. I am especially grateful this Christmas Season to share Christ with so many people. I have thought my whole life Christmas was about family, and I still believe it is, but I guess being away this year I have learned it's really about so much more. 

I am actually really happy it's warm here, to me it's a tender mercy because it doesn't feel like Christmas, so it's easy to not be so homesick. I feel like it's July and we are having Christmas trees hahaha. I really though am so grateful, it really is a tender mercy to me!! I love my mission, I CAN'T believe I actually get to skype in 7 days... Seems so unreal, but I am so excited. I love you so much, I am so grateful for YOU.

The gifts of Tongues is REAL.

This week we had two deaf ladies come in that wanted a tour, and I am the only person here who KINDA knows American sign language... Well they speak New Zealand Sign language which is COMPLETELY different, but I felt as though we should give them the same experience. 
I prayed SO HARD that I might be able to help them understand, I literally stood up and I bore my testimony in sign language, I have NO idea how, other than I know that the spirit is real. I was able to help these people feel welcomed and the Christmas spirit. Well, I wasn't the spirit was through me. I FELT SO GRATEFUL.

One was a nonmember and after the tour, I shared the first vision with her yet again in SIGN LANGUAGE. It was AMAZING. So grateful for the gift of tongues which I believe can be given to all if we use for the benefit of others. SO grateful to be a missionary!!!! 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Arohanui,
Sister DeLoach







No comments:

Post a Comment