Friday, December 9, 2016

Letter to Mom 12-7-16

I got this letter and the nicest picture from your dear friend Loraine Pemberton, 
I thought you might want to read this letter. Hope I type it correctly.

Inside is a picture of your daughter sitting in front to the Temple. I did these for 6 sisters, inspired during the Saturday morning session by what Sister Oscarson quoted from Elder Russell M. Nelson, "A plea to My Sisters" Ensign Nov. 2015, 97. The quote is " We need women who know how to access the power that God makes available to covenant keepers and who express their beliefs with confidence and charity.  We need women who have the courage and vision of our Mother Eve.

I loved how they talked about the courage of Eve, I often find myself lacking the courage needed to do many thinks, so this year as the Sisters have helped me in my life I wanted to repay this by a simple portrait of them.  For those of you who do not know or recognize Abish- she had great faith and could have been imprisoned or killed for speaking out as she did - the friend did a great story here if you want to red it. November 2016 page 20. Emma is Emma Smith who just showed the most perfect love for her husband and children, also all those who came to her door in need. Despite all the tragedy on her life, her heart was still open to love, and awesome example of how to love our neighbor. Lastly we get to Eve, she was smart to make the choices she did, yes they came with consequences however she saw how this must be, she then entered a world the first to do so- what a women! She stood toe to toe with the adversary and told him to go away, she had such bravery, such courage in big and little things - we need that courage too.


Maddie is such an amazing person- her smile simply turns all the lights in the room on - it's beautiful. This year in the few months we have shared of her mission I have noticed many things about her - she makes me smile, she gives great hugs and is way more capable than she gives herself credit for. I see in her not only the  Love of Emma Smith, but she also has the Sight of Emma Smith, she sees who needs help, who needs love and then she willingly 'goes and does the things the Lord commands", she has the Faith and Grace of Esther yet another amazing woman from the scriptures. She emulates Eliza R Snow, Maddie will one day have the opportunity to Lead many women just as Eliza did. She has already influenced so many. You should never underestimate the influence you have on others, and she certainly has made her mark here for good.

Your daughter is my best friend. I have not had an easy or straightforward life; this has caused me to build many thick very high walls. I keep everyone out lest I be hurt again, When I met Maddie she just walked right on through all those walls like they were not even there. I had been praying for Heavenly Father to help me with letting someone in so I was not alone, and my prayers were answered with your daughter. She walked into my house, through all my walls and right into my heart. I am no longer alone. Of course the pain comes because she will one day return home to you, But I will have her forever also. 

I have her photo on my wall by my bed and every morning, because it's hard to get going both mentally and physically, I say out Loud " I am a daughter of Heavenly Father, He loves me, I can do anything. I have an older Brother in Jesus Christ, He loves me, I can do anything. Maddie DeLoach loves me, I can do anything! She gives me hope, light against my darkness an she loves me perfectly and completely, just how I love her. I knew her before this life I am sure of it. She is everything to me, thanks to you of much for having her, raising her to be who she is and sending her on a mission, because I found my friend, my needs, I carry her in my heart, she is part of me. 

In New Zealand we say 'Kia Kaha" meaning to stay strong, we say to those we love and hold dear, ones we may not see for a time. So to the whole DeLoach family Kia kana, be strong. You are truly blessed to have Maddie as part of your forever!!

Always your friend, Loraine Pemberton

No comments:

Post a Comment