Sunday, July 31, 2016

Kia Ora Friends 7-31-16

WHAT A WEEK. A long, great week. I am finally back in the swing of things since surgery. It feels so awesome to be back serving the sweet people of NZ!

Well, this week I was in a lot of pain one day, and decided to have my comps take me to the Visitors Center so that I could be there with the Sisters, so ours could still be in our area. While driving there in a distance I saw a man walking and behind us a broken down semi truck,it reminded me of the video of president monsons car breaking down and him walking to find help.  I felt prompted to say "Stop the car, we need to help him" we did just that and then I started thinking... "Shoot, we can't even give him a ride, I have NO idea how to fix a semi.. this will be interesting" HAHA we stopped anyways and he asked if he could use our battery, we agreed.. HAHA I decided to remember his licence though, he took out our battery and put it in his car and I thought great he is going to drive off now, this will be a good story to tell.. HAHA. Luckily he did something I have never seen, he put in the battery, started his car, took it out while his car was running and put it back in ours. We gave him a Book of Mormon, he was athiest but really had interest in learning more, he said he is very open minded. He thanked us a trillion times and as we were getting ready to drive away he ran to us and said "This semi carries potato chips and i want to give you a bag for helping me" Might I say they were probably the best chips I have ever had, but that isn't the point. The point is, I was SOOO BUSY worrying about me feeling good, looking inwards, that I ALMOST missed the opportunity to serve someone else. LOOK outwards, sure life isn't easy, but others around you are struggling to, when you help them, you are truly helping yourself. YOU are all so great at that, I know and can say that because you have all helped me in more ways than you could ever know!! 

This week I was sitting at the VC, and this cutest couple came in, I could tell they were just engaged, and decided to talk to them. The boy ended up going and looking around, but I sat and talked to the girl. I could tell she kept staring at the temple and so I decided to ask if they were getting married there, she said YES. I was so excited and felt prompted to share with her the advice my mom shared with me before entering, "Don't worry about what you learn, FOCUS on how you feel." I looked at her and she started sobbing, she said she didn't expect to get her prayer answered while being here, she was so worried about the temple, and she needed that advice. THANK YOU MOM for sharing that with me!! 

I love you all, I REALLY miss you, but am sooo excited to continue on this work, THIS is the true gospel, if you are questioning that, PRAY. We aren't here to convince you, we are here for you to know of the truthfulness yourself. 

Arohanui, I LOVE YOU!

Love, Sister Maddie DeLoach

No comments:

Post a Comment