Monday, July 18, 2016

Kia Ora Friends! 6-17-16

Hello Friends!! How are you all?! This week has been one of the most challenging weeks of my life, but that helps you grow right? I said goodbye to my beautiful trainer, and I can truly say it felt like I said goodbye to my Sister. I am forever grateful for Sister Chudleigh, and I am so grateful for the example which she set for me. I am so happy she is home now, and she's gorgeous and single.. Just in case you want to tell your guy friends;) hahah...

Well, I am officially a Trainer, I am a Mom and it's a girl!! She is Sister Gurney from Alpine, or Highland Utah! She went to Lone Peak and she graduated when I did. This last year she has been playing Soccer in BYU Hawaii, and it super athletic. She is a really great missionary, and I love her already!! BUT there is a plot twist, the same day I was asked to be a trainer, I also found out that a VC Sister, Sister Fuggle her companions Visa didn't go through.. So I am now in a trio, training Sister Gurney and covering two areas that are quite a ways from each other... It was really hard to hear, it's unreal how inadequate you can feel finding out news like that. 

I know though that the Lord doesn't give us anything we can't handle. There are always miracles that come with new missionaries, and I have really seen that with Sister Gurney, we have been able to catch people home at just the right time, and to visit people who we haven't been able to see for a while. It's been really amazing. 

One thing that stuck out to me this week was last night at the VC. There was this man named Luke who is a nonmember, who was going on a tour with a Senior missionary, Elder Wilson, and after the tour I saw him looking at painting. I felt prompted to just ask where he was visiting from! He then said and then I asked what brought him here and he said he writes poems and is writing one about the LDS church, and I told him about my interest in writing poems, and he just got so open with me all of a sudden and said "I want to learn more from you, I haven't been able to connect with anyone and I want to learn from you and your companions" I was so excited and set up a return appointment and after Elder Wilson said "It's only because you are Sisters" HAHAH I guess he wouldn't set up an appointment with the Elder.. Maybe thats why they send sisters? ;) Nah, just kidding, I was just grateful I followed a prompting. 

Well, this week I have felt really down. I miss home this week, and I know that is Satan's tool to get to me, but I on the other hand have really had to question this week why I am really here.. Is this something I really wanted to do or why did I do it? and I can honestly say I love my Savior Jesus Christ, I am here because I want to serve him. I know this is where I need to be right now, and I know someday it will  benefit my future family. I know this mission isn't about me. Thats the best thing in the world. Focusing on other people and seeing your problems aren't as big as you thought...

I love you all, I testify to you that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you. I promise that if you begin to pray to them no matter where you are in life, they will do whatever they can to help you. YOU are never lost. 

"When you choose Christ, you have made the right choice." -Thomas S. Monson

Arohanui, 
Sister Maddie DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment