Monday, July 18, 2016

Kia Ora 6-17-16

What a challenging week. I feel really grateful though. Grateful for Sister Chudleigh as she is now back home. I am grateful for the lessons she taught me. I am now a Trainer to Sister Gurney from Alpine Utah, she went to Lone Peak and graduated when I did. She spent this last year at BYU Hawaii, playing soccer! She is really talented. She looks really tough. She is really nice, and a very good missionary, very loud and outgoing! She is nice though. And plot twist, this one Sister, Sister Fuggle, who has been hard for me to get along with since the day I got here is now in a Trio with us because her companions Visa didn't go through... So I am now Training, in a Trio, and Covering two areas.... I am stressed.

Well,  I miss you all. I am grateful for each of you, especially Kru this week as he took such a big step in His life and followed Jesus Christ example. I felt a little off this week, but I know that these are just growing pains I must go through.. I CAN DO HARD THINGS. I can definitely tell Satan is trying to make me angry or upset at little things, so I am trying my best to pray a lot. I would really appreciate if you would pray for me and my new companions too!! I know it's hard for them too, and that I am probably the hard one haha.

Well, yesterday this man was at the VC getting a tour by Elder Wilson, who is a senior couple and at the end of the tour, I just saw him looking at a few paintings so I felt prompted to go and talk to him, and I just asked where he was from and what he was doing and turns out he is a nonmember, he loves writing and it writing a poem on the LDS church and wanted to come look around. I told him how I had a secret interest in writing poems, and I liked writing, and he instantly just opened up to me. He said I really just wanted to talk to someone who understood me and I feel like you do, he said I want to come back and learn more, but I want it to be with your companionship. I of course said yes and he went on his way, after he left Elder Wilson was shocked this guy opened up, I guess the whole tour he wouldn't really talk, and didn't want a return appointment, I felt really grateful I followed a prompting just to ask where he was visiting from! Elder Wilson said it's cause we're girls, haha who knows.. Maybe that's why they have sisters;)

This week has been full of miracles amidst the hard times. We were able to get into a lot of homes that Sister Chudleigh and I have tried reaching for a while. It was amazing to see that the lord truly sends miracles with a new missionary. I do love my companions, and I am trying to do things for them. It is weird being the Leader, somedays I wish I could just be the follower.. Hahah I know that the Lord doesn't call you without qualifying you though, and I know he is helping me!! 

Well, the other day we were leaving this Recent Coverts house, and we saw her neighbor outside smoking and drinking and just found out that morning his car lit on fire and burned to ashes.. We decided to stop and talk to him, he may have been drunk, but he said it would be fine if we stopped by sometime this next week and saw him!! I hope he still remembers us hahah..

Well, I know that life isn't meant to be easy. I know that because we're supposed to grow. This week I was able to receive a blessing and the very first thing that was told to me is that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know me, and they love me. I know that is true for you too. Maybe you don't understand what's going on in life right now either, but he does. He knows all things, and the thing he knows the most is that he loves you. However you are right now, he knows you. HE LOVES YOU. I am so grateful for that knowledge, and I pray to apply it more in my own life. 

I have a testimony of this gospel. I have this week really questioned why I am here, and I can truly say because I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I couldn't ever repay him for all he's done for me. He doesn't want us to be sad, but to be happy. I pray to become more like him. I love you each more than you know. I LOVE YOU.

"Life by the Yard is Hard; Life by the Inch is Cinch" 

Arohanui, 
Sister Maddie DeLoach 









No comments:

Post a Comment