Monday, July 18, 2016

4th of July!!! 7-3-16

I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!!
Happy 4th!!! Nothing too exciting here, can't walk around screaming that song!!! HAHA.

This week was really good!! It's FREEZING here!! President Rudd left this week, and Sister Chudleigh leaves next week... So many changes, but change is good right? 

This week we had a fireside and the VC Sisters were asked to sing. We sang a song called Gethsemane. It was unreal to sing Gethsemane, Jesus loves me while looking at the Christus statue in the VC. I felt so much gratitude, that this wasn't only a song, but that Jesus really did suffer for ME! 

This week I gave Sister Chudleigh a tour in the VC so that I could practice without her since she is leaving soon, and you know how fun role plays are;) Hahah anyways, while doing this, we were just sitting in front of the Christus and I had the thought to share the story in Matthew 14, about the Savior walking on water.. As I began to share this, she just began to weep. I was so confused, but after she had told me that she had been thinking about that story for a few days, and somehow I got the impression to share it. She was so grateful, but  I was even more grateful that I was able to relay the message Heavenly Father longed for her to hear. 

Sister Pemberton taught us how to cook and bake this week, You Better Watch out;) I am a wicked chef now!!! Hahaha, but she is so awesome she suffers really bad depression, and hardly has any friends, so that alone makes me want to be her best friend. She is unreal, the strength she has and the way she treats us is amazing. She truly is a reason I had to come here, I just know it! I love her! 

Well, I love you all, and Happy 4th!! I am so grateful for each of you. Let me know if I can help any of you in anyway! Have a safe and blessed holiday, and remember what you are celebrating. FREEDOM, because of the BRAVE. We are soo blessed. 

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 














No comments:

Post a Comment