Monday, July 18, 2016

Kia Ora 7-10-16

Hello Family!! 
Well, it's transfers!!! I am sad, excited, and nervous. As you know Sister Chudleigh finishes her mission, this will be really hard for me. I thought I had true friends before in my life, but being with her I realized what a true friend is. She is someone who I can share my fears with, my strengths with, but most of all someone I share the most sacred of moments with. I can't tell you of the feeling to sit in someones humble home with your best friend, testifying of Jesus Christ. I know that Heavenly Father KNEW I needed her. He knows me better than I know myself, and I truly feel like I am losing a Sister. I know you guys will feel these exact feelings when you meet her! You will just come to love her instantly. Her farewell in Utah will be on July 24, she has your numbers mom and dad and will text you the address for that!

Well, we went 100 mph this week, we HAD to end on a high!! Our first miracle happened when we got on chat and there weren't any chats to pick up and all of a sudden someone transferred their chat in like the middle of it, and we had no idea why they did that but we picked it up, and the previous conversation she was having with the missionaries is that she wasn't happy in the gospel anymore and wanted to remove her records. When we picked this up, we didn't ask her why, rather we sent her our favorite general conference talks (Mine is He will place you on his shoulders and carry you home By: Uchtdorf) and then we just bore testimony of His love for her. She didn't soften immediately but after a while she just said that giving up or leaving wasn't an option anymore after the encouraging words we gave her. It is really funny though because she gave us her number and I could tell it was near delta because it was 435 area code, and so I just asked where she was from and she said richfield and then, long story short come to find out President Chappell is her uncle, and she is a returned missionary!! Please don't say anything to President Chappell, all info is supposed to be confidential. But it was such a tender mercy and miracle to save a lost sheep, who knew what was right just needed a shepherd to place it on it's shoulder and guide it home. We were so grateful to have that experience, it truly isn't just about non-members and I love that. We see probably 1 non-member a day to 15 Less Active or Members, and that is okay!! Everyone needs a little saving sometimes!! 

We were able to meet the Cummings this week in a Zone Conference. THEY are amazing! President Cummings is even in the July 2016 Ensign, not just a photo, like a talk. He is like so official. He talked about being obident, and being someone who the Lord can trust. I know that he is called of God, HE has the most powerful testimony ever, and his accent is hilarious! I also love his wife, she is sooo kind and she is also a returned missionary, so she is all about missionary work. They are really amazing, and I know that they are called here, and that I am supposed to learn from them :) 

All day on Saturday, I was praying that I could make someones day, and that I could bare a strong testimony to someone. We had a lady come into the VC the other day, she was in her 60 or 70's and she was tiny haha had crazy make up and flower clothes, and she wanted to watch videos of Jesus. We thought she was a member at first but soon realized she wasn't. She had a friend with her and he wasn't a member either, we showed them a few videos and then we were able to talk to them. We noticed that after every video she was just sobbing, it was so sweet. WE asked her how she was feeling and she just said "I just know Jesus loves me, it makes me so sad he did this for us" We explained that all he went through is a positive thing, if we apply it to our lives, and she just said wow, "Jesus Loves me, I know that because he sent you two angels and you're so nice, you made my day" There it was, exactly what I prayed for. I am so grateful. This gospel is amazing, and her friend was an athiest and didn't believe in Jesus Christ and in a small back room of the VC, I was able to bare the most simple, yet most powerful testimony I have ever shared with this man. I knew that that again was an answer to my prayers. He does know us. Think about it, he answers our prayers. YES he answers yours. He doesn't answer me by Sister DeLoach rather he calls me by name. He knows me as Maddie, and he knows you. HE LOVES YOU. I testify of that. You have never sunk below the infinite love of Jesus Christ.

Yesterday we were trying to get our last goodbyes in and we were driving down the road singing along to our music having a good time and we passed this guy just pacing back and forth on the street who looked so sad. I didn't say anything, but I was having this internal battle with myself to raise my voice and to say Stop the Car, we need to talk to him.. It took about a minute to stop the battle and to finally say the words " Stop the Car, we need to talk to him" As soon as I spoke the words, Sister Chudleigh slammed the brakes and said "I was thinking the exact same thing" We did, and walked to where we saw him, and he was gone, so we thought to keep walking a little more. We did and there he was. His name was Roshen, and he was Indian. He is 19, and just moved her 2 days ago for University. He said "I am so homesick and so lonely, I just prayed to God that I wouldn't have to walk alone, and right then you two came." It was such a tender mercy to witness for one last time with Sister Chudleigh, I was so grateful that we were in tune, even if we were both a little prideful to stop the car. I know that the Lord knows Roshen, and we were able to give him the love and comfort he needed. 

Ah, the work is amazing. I feel so grateful. We had interviews with the VC President Elder Zundel on Wednesday and he told me to read D&C 46, he told me that I have a gift of helping people to feel welcome and comfortable, and that this transfer I will need to be a leader, I will need to teach my companion the great things I know and have been taught. It was so nice of him, and I think ALL of you have the talents talked about in D&C 46, and challenge you all to read that. 

I love you all Heaps. I am SO grateful for you. YOU are the best family in the whole entire world.

Arohanui, 
Sister Maddie DeLoach











Wilsons on the left, Zundels in the middle, and Petersons on the right!! Love the Senior Couples!















No comments:

Post a Comment