Sunday, July 31, 2016

Kia Ora Family 7-31-16

WHAT A WEEK. I finally feel back on top since surgery. It feels so nice to not worry about myself anymore and to focus on the things that matter, OTHERS!!! I know this was a big week full of  birthday's, moving,  tests, sports, and summer and I just wanted you all to know I love and miss you!!! 

The first day I was back with my companions, it went really well, no one was home but we just were able to talk to people on the streets, while with them, I started to get in some pain so we decided to drive me to the VC so that I could rest there and they could keep going in our area. While driving to the VC, we were driving and on the side of the road saw a broken down semi truck and a man in the distance walking... It looked like the mormon message when president monsons car broke down and he was walking to get help, We decided to stop, and in my head I am thinking "Hmmm. I have no idea how to help him, we can't give him a ride and I am not about to know anything about cars" BUT the impression was so strong to stop. We asked if we could help, he said his battery was dead, so we pulled over he said he could use ours and then he would be good. That was probably silly on our part letting this man take out our battery, I was thinking hmmm this seems weird, decided to write down his licence just in case... haha but he was legit, knew exactly what he was doing, he took out our battery put it in his and started his semi and then took it out while his truck was running and put it back in ours, we decided to offer him a Book of Mormon, he accepted and said he wasn't religious at all but would be interested in reading it and his family would be too. As we were getting ready to drive away, he ran to our car, and said hold on, "What this semi carries is potato chips and I want to give you a bag for helping me" We agreed, and they were literally the best chips I have ever had, but that isn't the point. The point is, LOOK OUTSIDE OF YOURSELF. I was so busy hurting so busy focusing on me feeling good that I forgot (almost) to see there was people all around me who needed me. We made that mans day, and we so easily could have kept going.

We had interviews this week with president, and he is AMAZING. I really love him, he helped me realize that I can every single day in my life decide the kind of person I want to be. I can try things realize they don't work and then make up this great person full of things I do know work for me, he is inspired of God, and I know he loves me. 

I got really sick one day, and I had to go back to the Dr's anyways for a check up and before I went, I received a blessing from our new zone leader, he is from Canada, and I literally don't know him. He gave me one of the MOST beautiful blessings in my life. He went silent and all of a sudden I could tell heavenly father relied the message I needed to hear. He said "the lord needed me to endure this trial right now, but I need to rejoice in this time I get to have a trial to grow, that I am laying my foundation in heaven by the work I am renduring now. He also said that the lord loves to see me smile and wants me to know there are uncountable blessings waiting for me in heaven. I felt so humbled to receive from someone who didn't know me, the EXACT things I needed to hear. The gospel is true, I know it is. 

One day, I decided to be a mean trainer and it was pouring rain outside I decided to make us walk so we could build some character, while walking we ran into a family, YES A FAMILY who just had a little baby 11 weeks ago and they were so prepared to receive this gospel. They invited us back on Wednesday, I AM SO STOKED!!!!!!! 

I love you, ALL OF YOU. A love that never changes, as I pray individually daily for you, I get this added strength knowing you love and care for me as well. This work isn't easy, BUT it's the GOOD NEWS OF THE WORLD. We have the truth, we have NO need to fear!! God Speed my family. AROHANUI

Sister Maddie DeLoach 














No comments:

Post a Comment