Sunday, July 24, 2016

Kia Ora 7-24-16

Crazy week! 

Really not much to talk about!! 

I woke up in the middle of the night on Tuesday with a really sharp pain in my right lower abdomen, and it hurt really bad, I was able to go back to sleep and worry about it in the morning, in the morning we were on at the VC, and it just hurt way worse, we decided to call Sister Cummings and see what we should do, she sent me to a Dr's and we went there! I got questioned for literally like 20 minutes by this doctor that I was most likely pregnant. I finally got my stern voice on and said "I am a missionary, I am NOT sexually active, I am not even around males, I am not pregnant" That shut her up really quick and she said, okay! Hahaha, I didn't want to be rude, but I was in so much pain and she kept telling me that was my problem.

So she sent me immeditely up to the ER, and everyone... PLEASE take my word for it... YOU DO NOT WANT FREE HEALTH CARE. I was in the waiting room for 6+ hours just with people who were barely coughing just because they get it free if they go there.. Ah, it was such a nasty experience.. haha I finally got back into the ER, and it literally looked like World War 2, not kidding, they put you in Wards with 6 other people and the only thing seperating you from the others is a thin sheet!! (Mom remember the guy who had a gas problem after I got knee surgery?? HAHA) anyways, it was terrible. I was SO lucky though, I was able to get the NICEST nurse in the whole world. Her name was Rebecca, and one night I was just laying there alone in this dark room with these 6 elderly people and I just started to cry, I was in pain, in a random country, in this nasty hospital, and I missed home, she came in she just sat on the bed with me and rubbed my back and said "It's okay Maddie, I'm here for you" This random lady had no idea how much she helped me. She was such an answer to my prayers, she literally was an angel. 2 DAYS later when they decided I needed surgery, she was my nurse again, and she kissed me on my forehead and said, I am praying for you, I love you. It was so surreal, also because she looks exactly like Kelsey and Kelsey is a nurse, so it really made me feel at ease. I was so grateful for her. P.S... Sister Zundel came to the surgery room with me and said it was one of the nicest she has ever seen so that is a plus!! I guess they hide their nice rooms!! HAHA by the way they never left my side. Sister Zundel told me after I decided that if you were my daughter I would want someone to be here at all times, and especially when you got out of surgery, so we are staying all night!! 

Well, because of the experience I had everyone has vowed that if they ever get sick to send them back on a plane to America... HAHA glad I had to be the guinea pig!! It has really shown me that the Lord loves and knows me. I was feeling to confident in my area, and that these 2 sisters didn't know their way around, and then I learned real quick when they had to be in the area all alone, I am not as great as I think I am and the Lord will show me that.. Hahah I am grateful for the chances I have to be humbled. I have felt so much love, and so many prayers in my behalf, the second I walked into the hospital a man in a wheelchair saw my badge, wheeled over to me, and said "Do you need a blessing" What a miracle that Heavenly Father lets us go through things sometimes to help other. I am so grateful this week for America, and for the fact that we have that health care, I love New Zealand, but I am so grateful to be from the US!! 

It's been hard being out of commission I really feel Satan trying to creep in telling me I'm not good enough, but I know that I am. I am so grateful to be a missionary at this time. I feel like I have super powers, and I know I can get through this small trial. I LOVE YOU ALL!! 

I am so grateful for each and everyone of you!!!
ALSO forgot to tell you all, Today is JULY 25, which is the day I will most likely be coming home on next year!!! SO let the countdown (for you guys) not me, begin!!! I am so excited to work so hard for one more year and then to see all of you!! I LOVE YOU

Arohanui, Sister Maddie DeLoach 



No comments:

Post a Comment