Monday, July 18, 2016

FRIENDS!!! 6-26-16

WINTER is here, RAINY days!!
It was June 25 this week which is my HALF bday!!! YAY!! Sis. Chudleigh wont be here on my birthday so threw me a party in our flat :)

This week we were heading to a referrals house, and on the way I felt really prompted that this man limping on the side of the road needed our umbrella, we turned around and we were going to give it to him, but he was gone... We were so confused. We drove up to the next place we could turn around and kept driving to the referrals. We decided to pull over and say a prayer and in the prayer I said "Please let us give this to the first person we see without and umbrella" We went back onto the main road and not a soul was out there... HAHA so we got the hint, and kept driving, and up the road we saw this ONE girl without an umbrella, and so we pulled over, literally had to chase her. Picture it, two Sister Missionaries running on the main road in dresses, in the pouring rain, holding an umbrella that is flying behind us HAHAHA Im sure we made someones day, and then we finally caught up to her!! She asked if we were Mormons, we said yes and she said she is too, but hasnt been since she was a kid. She gave us her address and name and is going to let us come over and see her :) WHAT A MIRACLE. Weirdest thing, the referral we were going to see is named Nani, and that was her name too, different people though.. Hahah. After this EVERY single person we saw that day had an umbrella, we knew we gave it to the right person. This really showed me that Heavenly Father knows the worth of ONE soul. He had us do all of this to just talk to ONE of his children. HE KNOWS YOU!!! He loves you!! 

Yesterday at the Visitors Center this deaf man came in. At Utah State I had a few friends that were deaf and I really tried hard to learn their language but I wasnt any good. I tried to speak with him but turns out ASL is different than the sign language they use here, and so he couldn't understand me. I know redeemer of isreal in sign language so I started signing that hymn and he knew it too, and they were basically the same!!! He got sooo excited his face was GLOWING!!! I was then for about 30 min able to speak FLUENTLY with him in sign language. I have NO idea how, I know God is good. I was able to make him feel good by speaking his language, and to help him feel comfortable at the VC, I felt so grateful to see how happy he was. I can't express the joy he had when I could talk to him. After everyone was like wow, I didnt know you knew sign language, and I was like I didnt know I did either. WITH GOD NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!! 

I love you all!! Hope to hear from you all soon :)

Love, Sister Maddie DeLoach







No comments:

Post a Comment