Monday, July 18, 2016

HELLO!!! 6-26-16

Another Great, RAINY week!! I know now why NZ is sooo green! 

Well June 25 happened this week which means it was my half birthday and Sis Chudleigh wont be here for my Birthday so she threw me this huge celebration, she decorated our flat, she got my a green stone, had everyone in the VC write a page about me and made a book out of it, and got pictures from our weeks together and wrote down funny things that have happened. It was so kind of her! I felt so grateful!! June 25 means 6 months till Christmas too!! Seems really far away, but I can do it!!!

Well, it was raining really bad one morning and we were heading to a referrals house, and as we were driving we saw this man limping without an umbrella, I got a strong impression and said to Sister Chudleigh we need to give him our umbrella, we turned around he was gone.. We were so confused, there is only bush around no houses where he could have gone.. So we kept driving and turned around and headed towards the referrals house, and I just kept feeling like I really wanted to give away my umbrella! So we pulled over and I said a prayer and I just said "Heavenly Father the first person we see without an umbrella, let me give this to them." We went back onto the main road and literally NOT a single soul was on the road, hahaha I took that as a hit to keep going to the referrals house. We kept driving and saw this ONE girl without an umbrella, we turned off the road as soon as we could and we literally chased, I literally mean we were running in dresses on the main road in the pouring rain with an umbrella on the main road to catch this girl. It was hilarious I to watch I am sure!! We caught up with her, finally and literally right then it stopped raining. We gave her our umbrella anyways and she said are you guys mormons? We said yes and she said oh I am too, I haven't been since I was young though, She just moved into our area, was inactive, and she gave us her address and name and number. Crazy thing was is her name was Nani, and the referral we were going to see was named Nani. A different one though. Anyways we said bye to her and walked away and that day I realized that Heavenly Father loves and knows our worth. He had us go out of our way about 3 times so HIS ONE child could hear from him. I know he knows us each individually. After that every SINGLE person we saw that day had an umbrella, I knew that he answered my prayer because it was specific. Later that day we gave away another umbrella to this lady at a bus stop and she just got tears in her eyes and said thank you. So great to help someones day by doing something so simple.. Now we need to go buy more umbrellas ;)

Hobbiton was gorgeous!! I dont understand everything there haha but it was literally gorgeous!!! ALAN GOT A JOB. He has been unemployed or 15 years, and he paid his tithing and GOT A JOB that week. He is seriously thriving in the gospel. We saw him at church and asked what he did last night and he was like oh I went to a devotional and then went to a family home evening.. HAHA he has like the inside scoop of things even we don't hear about!! HAHAH

We were able to get three investigators online this week, one from Hawaii who is keen as, and one from Spain and Austria!!! It is truly amazing to see the Lords work moving forward. I love that I don't hear about the negativity or bad things in the world, it really is a nice break from social media, especially in the election process hahah.

On our way to the VC we saw another man walking and thought, LETS GIVE OUR LAST UMBRELLA away! So we turned around, literally nothing but hills where we are, noooo houses or anything, turned around and HE was GONE! Our second time wanting to give it away and the person is gone. We were so confused, he looked like an average man, just walking.. Both of these instances put us in the right place at the right time.. We are convinced they are two out of the three nephites assisting us in the beautiful work :) When we got to the VC there was a Less ACtive lady that came in that Sis. Chudleigh took and a Non Member that I took, we were both able to have amazing lessons and truly help these individuals come unto Christ. ALL of this happened in Gods timing. It was so special. 

8 Hawaiian singers  came to NZ this week and stopped in the VC and sang a few songs for us and WOW, no voice will ever beat Polynesian voices!! They were stunning! They sang "In this very room" As we sat in the Christus room, the tears were flowing that is for sure!

Last night at the VC, this deaf man came in, he is a member but I could tell he felt kind of sad. Luckily at USU I had a few deaf friends who taught me quite a bit but here they dont do ASL, they do NZSL, so I tried communicating with him, but he couldn't quite understand, and then I pulled out the hymn I learned to sign for the Payson temple dedication, and he knew that song too, once we got this connection, he understood every word I said and I literally felt so much peace and I was literally able to communicate fluently with him. I was able to help this son of God feel special, I was able to talk to him in his language. Everyone was like I didnt know you spoke sign language and I was thinking, I didnt know I did either.... WOW, the look on this mans face was indescribable. HE WAS SO HAPPY. Someone to finally talk to!!!

Well, I love you all, and will be on until 12:30. I hope to hear from you!! Please dont tell me all about St. George, I dont want to get homesick!! I love you all!!! 

Arohauni!! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment