Monday, August 8, 2016

USED TO BE... 8-7-16

What an interesting, yet wonderful week!! On Monday we were able to set our investigator Craige Williams with a BAPTISM DATE! He seems really serious this time and he has great fellowship (Thomsens) and he is set for August 27! He is a 54 year old Maori man, and dresses like a 16 year old hipster, hahah he is really awesome! 

Well, I had the amazing opportunity this week to go back to the hospital and see the nurse, Rebecca who helped me. I took her a gift and even wrote my testimony in the Book of Mormon for her. I haven't heard back from her yet, but wrote her a letter and thanked her for all she did for me. While I took it there, she was in shock, she just cried as I handed her the gift, I think she felt really grateful that I did that, but I felt even more grateful for how she treated me! I know that we are placed in situations for a reason, truly if I had to get surgery for her to receive the gospel or to at least hear about Jesus Christ, it was worth it to me! I feel grateful! I am sure you have all seen the funny video we made about the hospital and my experience! Hope that made you laugh! We had a good time making it:) 

We had a lesson again with that man who I was able to talk to at VC a few weeks ago to tell him I enjoyed writing as well, remember him? His name is Luke, he was telling us he wanted proof of the Book of Mormon in the Bible, we turned to Ezekiel 37, and read the proof. That one stick will be given to Judah and another to Joseph, then he was like wait... The people in the Book of Mormon are the descendants of Joseph, we were like YES they are and he then was like wow! that is the only evidence I needed, he had a change of heart, he was so willing to learn after that, he even found more scriptures in the bible that talk about Joseph so that he could share with us more proof that the Book of Mormon is true... hahah!!   

Well this week I had one of those MISSIONARY days that you hear all missionaries talk about. The day where you had multiple set appointments and EVERY single one of them cancelled. Yeah, it was quite challenging but I had to learn to trust that Heavenly Father will place us in the right place at the right time with the right people. How grateful we are for that! We were able to go see this old man named Des, he is a heavy smoker and drinker, and we saw him outside, we were able to share a short message with him, and he even invited us back. He is really amazing!! I hope that we can help him and someday invite him to taste of the goodness of the gospel!!! 

We had Zone meeting this week and got news from President Cummings that starting next transfer we are allowed to go to the temple once a transfer! I am sooo excited for this!! Also we had a training, they told us a story of a famous rugby player who was serving a mission and turned down a 1.5 million dollar contract to serve. He gave a speech while a missionary and he said "I am a full time missionary WHO USED TO play rugby" I loved this. It's hard for me to put things in the past, or to put them on hold, but right now, I truly want to give 100% to being what I am right now which is a full time missionary. So I am a missionary who USED TO BE a cheerleader, dancer, soccer player, pageant girl and so forth. I can do this. I am the same person, but will give 100% to who I am now! 

Grateful to be a missionary at this time. It's not easy,we had to drop quite a few people this week who just use us to talk and don't want to progress, it's hard, we had soooo many anti's on chat this week, but it has really strengthened my testimony of the basics of the gospel. If your testimony is shaken or not there, go back to the basics. The basics are to pray if Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, if he is then the whole church is TRUE. He is and so we do know that the church is true. I LOVE YOU ALL!!! 

Arohanui! 

Sister Maddie DeLoach
















No comments:

Post a Comment