Monday, August 22, 2016

AH! What a week... 8-21-16

I am physically emotionally and SPIRITUALLY drained. I now understand why everyone in the scriptures has these long times of passing out after spiritual experiences! I can truly say I love these people here, I feel their pains, their happiness, and their insecurities. Transfers are this week, and I reckon I will be staying! 

This week was full of lessons, we had a wonderful lesson with Micheal (our golden investigator) HE IS SO CRACK UP. He said "Sisters you would be so proud of me, the other day my friend offered me a coke, and I turned it down since it has caffeine in it." HAHAHA I didn't know whether to laugh or to be stoked that he was so obedient, we then explained the word of wisdom again to him.. haha that was so cute. He told us he had a friend ask, "If it came down to you losing friends over joining the church, what would you do?" Micheal said I looked at him and said, "I can never deny the witness I received that the Book of Mormon is true." I AM SO GRATEFUL to my Heavenly Father for giving Micheal such a beautiful witness that the Book of Mormon is TRUE!

I've been kind of down this week, I can really feel Satan working really hard on me, I am sure that means something great is coming, but it's been a rather hard week! One day I had a headache really really bad and we had a lesson, in the car before the lesson, I prayed that I could please just not have a headache while we taught. While we taught I didn't have one, and literally AS SOON as we finished the closing prayer, it rushed back. HAHA I guess I got what I prayed for, but it really was amazing to see that Heavenly Father is aware of me, he does answer my prayers, and he does care about me! 

Can't believe this week will mark 7 months! Only 11 months till I am home, time really is flying! I miss you all like crazy and cannot believe school is already starting back up!! We had a fireside this week, that we have been planning since about June, and it was amazing!!!!!!! We had about 100+ people from our ward show up and we had about 5 or 6 nonmembers. It was such a surreal experience to see the fruits of your efforts. I was so grateful we put so much work into this, I just sat at the back and cried, looking at the refection of christ, the temple and these 100 people that I have come to love so much. I really feel so blessed to be serving in the New Zealand Hamilton Mission, it's proof that Father in Heaven knows us, he truly has sent me to the best ward, and the most beautiful country! 

I love you each, SO much. I miss you all, more than you could imagine. I feel so grateful to be a DeLoach. Whakapapa (where you came from or like your geneolgy) is so important to these islanders, they ask me daily and I am so grateful to know that my ancestors long ago paved the way for me to be right where I am today! I feel so grateful for each of you! Never forget how much I love you!!! 

The average man runs until 
The breath in him is gone,
But the champion has the iron will
That makes him carry on

For rest the average runner begs,
When limp his muscles grow, 
But the champion runs on leaden legs,
His courage makes him go

The average man's complacent when
He's done his best to score
But the champion does his best and then
HE DOES A LITTLE MORE 

Arohanui, 
Sister Maddie DeLoach 









No comments:

Post a Comment