Sunday, August 28, 2016

Another Week (Friends) 8-28-16

Hello all!! Transfers happened this week, and I stayed! YAY! I do love this area so much, I wouldn't mind a change soon though, and for saying that I will probably die here in this area... haha! Well, Craige GOT BAPTIZED!! It was seriously the most beautiful day!! President Cummings was able to come and after he said "This is the perfect example of teaching repentance and baptizing converts" We know that because Craige has truly repented he will stay converted to this gospel!! 

The other day we felt prompted to sing Whaka Ra Mai for Craige's Baptism which is How Great Thou Art in Maori, and so we practiced it and finally sang it at the baptism, and Craige said "When you two sang that I looked up and I didn't see Sister Missionaries, I saw two angels" It was seriously so sweet! He and all other Maori's there couldn't thank us enough for bringing their culture into his baptism, they are so proud to be Maori!! 

Well this week I finally FINISHED the Book of Mormon for my first time as a Full-Time Missionary, it was amazing, I know it took me a while, but I studied it really deeply and got SO MUCH out of it. The day I finished I prayed so hard that I could have the opportunity to share  my testimony about it with someone, that day this nonmember came to the Visitors Center, we took him to the Book of Mormon stand and each bore our testimony about the truthfulness of the Book, and he said "When you two said that I could receive my own witness that it's true, I felt it, I KNOW THE BOOK IS TRUE." The spirit was so strong and I was so so grateful that Heavenly Father answered my prayers. I know the Book of Mormon is true, if you have read it 100 times or read it 0 times, I promise the answers are in there, I mean that as a genuine friend, if you are struggling, please turn to the book you will find peace in your soul. 

I love you each, hope if you are in school that you are enjoying it, I hope you each know I pray for you daily, and I am so grateful for the influence you have each played in my life, keep the faith! 

Arohanui, 
Sister DeLoach 

p.s... between the 4 companionships here at the VC we have 106 progressing investigators, that is 106 SOULS that are learning more about Jesus Christ!!!! WHAT A MIRACLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment