Tuesday, September 6, 2016

KIA ORA 9-4-16

Another GREAT week!! This week was challenging, BUT amazing! I felt pretty down at the beginning of this week, I've been reading a talk given to us when we enter the mission field called the 4th Missionary, it makes you REALLY evaluate yourself, it makes you feel like you are the worst missionary in the history of missionaries, but it also gives you hope that you can become something so amazing if you just give your will and wants to the Father and allow him to make out of you what HE wants you to become. I have worked on doing that this week, and it's a slow process but I am really trying to do that! 

Well Miracles and Miracles and Miracles. Professional Rugby guy we ran into last week on the side of the road who confessed all of his sins he has ever committed to us, we ran into him again and he still wouldn't give us his address, but he admitted more sins to us. hahah we have been praying so hard that we could somehow run into him again because we know how much this gospel will help him, well we were running late to a Less Active members home, and when we pulled up.. WE SAW HIM DOWN THE ROAD and sprinted to him!!!!!! It was such a miracle!!!! He had a lighter in his hand and I confiscated it from him, it's still in our car actually I better get rid of that before car checks that might be hard to explain!! hahahah he confessed more sins to us, but this time told us he has been reading from the Book of Mormon :))) yay! 

We had 5 yes FIVE less active families show up at church yesterday!!! It was a miracle!! We have been working really hard with this one less active family, and while we were there the mom said she hasn't felt this good or this happy in the longest time. I truly know the only way to feel lasting happiness and peace is through this gospel!! 

One day at the Visitors Center I ran into three different families/people that somehow had connections to all of you back home! It was amazing to feel a taste of home just from asking if they knew so and so!! On Saturday this member brought in his non-member friend to the VC, while talking to the non-member we didn't feel like he needed the first lesson, we sat in front of the Christus statue and for about 45 minutes testified of Christ's love for him. I have never done that before without teaching another principle, but SERIOUSLY this guy's who perspective changed, I never realized by helping someone know that they AREN'T alone they could feel a instant happiness and relief. 

Micheal is getting baptized on Saturday and he is still keen as!!! He is seriously so amazing and I am SOOO grateful for him in my life. Craige is doing wonderful, I love him so much too!! He is so excited to be Facebook friends with you Mom, he called this morning to ask it if was okay, he worries so much haha. 

One last miracle, we got two new sisters in the VC and neither of them drive so we are taking shifts of picking them up, when we went to get them we realized we left our phone and didn't have it with us. When we got to their flat it was raining and they weren't home so we had no idea what to do, plus it was sunday and our gas light was on.. hahah so we decided to run to the thomsens and use their phone, and they weren't home, so we drove to another members, we were going to call the VC and have them call the sisters because we didn't know the sisters number, right when we were using their phone(after a lot of prayers too) sister gurney said "WAIT I have this paper in my pocket" She literally pulls out a paper with the sister's number on it.. ???? Crazy huh? she has no idea why or when she did that but it was truly a miracle!!!! 

God is real, he LOVES you!! I have been reading the Old Testament, New Testament, and Book of Mormon daily, and they ALL testify of Each other, I know they are the Words of God. They aren't just a good book, they literally contain the information we need to return to live with our father in Heaven!!! 

I love you all, and I miss you each. I pray for you each by name every single day, and was able to get temple lunch this week so put all your names in the temple. I LOVE YOU!!

I learned to pray in Maori this week!! It's actually really strange, I have a Maori accent, I literally can pronounce words really well, I feel so grateful it helps people so much that I am able to somewhat help speak their language that means so much to them! 

E pa to matau whaka fety ana matau moena ka whaka pai matua i te rangi whaka pai i nei kai hei oranga mo mateu tinana i runga te ingwa o ihu kariti, amene 

Po Marie 


Love, Sister DeLoach







No comments:

Post a Comment