Thursday, September 22, 2016

Whanu 9-21-16

Hi Family! 
I am still alive, just going to the temple today, so our P-Day got changed to Thursday. I am really excited to go to the temple. It's been about 6 or 7 months since I was able to attend!! I am really excited. In just a few days on Monday, the Thomsens are taking us hiking at a Cave, so I am not sure what time I will be emailing, so sorry for being off the last few weeks with emailing. 
Well it's been a really good last few weeks, and also I've been able to grow a lot this week. 

One day, I just felt like Sister Gurney and I should ride bikes, it was such a beautiful day and so we rode. It's so funny how many people mock you while you are on bikes, and it really helps you to be humble and to truly feel like the Savior. We were able to witness THOUSANDS of miracles. It was so amazing. We were able to talk to so many people, but the one that stood out to me, was going to visit this 14 year old girl we ran into the day before, and when we showed up the mom who answered the door, was a lady we saw at the shops the night before. Right when we pulled up, it sounded almost like an ice cream truck and the mom said "Come get some food" I guess that once a week this van comes and delivers groceries to this neighborhood because they are so poor. It was truly humbling, this lady who can't even afford food for her own family was saying to us missionaries "Come. Get food, we want to share with you" We didn't but it was amazing to see little kids sprinting out of every house surrounding running to this truck that would deliver them food. I truly felt so humbled, and was grateful to be on a bike, not a flash car. 

The next day we went back and the Mom was all weird, and like I don't want to come to church, if you're here for that, I am not interested. We simply just said we wanted to come talk to you and see how you are. We talked for about 10 minutes about random things and you could tell she kind of wanted us to leave, on our way out we just said, "have you ever wondered why you are here and where you are going after this life?" Surprisingly she said, YES, we asked if we could come back and answer those questions for her, and she said yes, she had seriously changed so much. 

Sunday was full of miracles, Cassey, our investigator who was like flakey as for so long, actually came to church, and to a relief society activity a few days later, it was pretty amazing that she actually came. She said it reminded her exactly of growing up her nana was mormon so they used to go growing up. She said she had never felt so peaceful before and that she was really trying to take it all in. 

I had exchanged yesterday and I got to go with the Sister Training Leader, Sister Maire, from Austrailia, it was such a brilliant exchange. I learned soooo  much from her and she really helped me to grow a lot. I felt like I had never relied on the spirit so much, she was truly amazing and I was really grateful to have got the chance to be with her. We taught online for a little and while online we usually open a few chats at one time, but we felt prompted to only open one, we had three options to choose from, and chose one. This GUYS WAS KEEN AS. He didn't understand his purpose or where he goes when he dies, we explained the plan of salvation, and you seriously could not believe the way he understood it. He was full of hope, and said he had never felt this way before, he wanted to meet with local missionaries and said he was so grateful he came on chat, he said he didn't even know how or why he came on. 

Miracles, miracles, miracles. 
It's been a beautiful week, I'm really missing all of you, but I am grateful to be a missionary. Tomorrow is exactly 6 months ago I entered the MTC, can't believe it's been half of a year. It's gone fast and slow. I love you each so much, I am grateful to have you all on my side. I pray for you everyday. 

I know life doesn't always make sense, I feel that way a lot of the time. But I promise you that heavenly father he does know you, he does love you.
 "The Lord know you. He knows your heart and is pleased with your sacrifice. He smiles upon you each day. He will uphold you and prepare the way for you. He  will send angels before you and you will feel their presence, and with the help of Heaven, your talents will be multiplied. I promise you that if you lift those around you, the Lord God, the creator of the universe will life YOU up. If you will only believe and incline your heart to our Beloved Father, he will place within you a peace that surpasses understanding. He will give you joy. May each of you always remember this." -Deiter F. Uchtdorf 

Arohanui, 
Sister Maddie DeLoach 









No comments:

Post a Comment