Monday, September 12, 2016

Hello Friends 9-11-16

I hope you all had the best week! This week was quite challenging, but was amazing nonetheless! 

You wouldn't believe who I ran into.. YES NICHOLAS DAVID WALKER. We saw him walking in ANOTHER part of our area, so we ran to him!! He actually thanked me for taking his lighter away from him, he said that meant so much to him that I cared enough to do that. I am glad I did!! We got a picture with him this week, but he still won't give us his address... We will pray and find him though:) Luckily with the Lord nothing is impossible. 

Well, Micheal got baptized this week. President Cummings interviewed him and told us after "Micheal isn't a golden investigator, he's a platinum." WOW, Micheal was sooooo stoked for his baptism. He came about an hour and a half early and just sat there, he said he wanted to "ponder" he is the best. He bore the most powerful testimony at his baptism about his experience receiving a witness that the book of mormon is true, he said "I prayed with real purpose of heart, and I can never deny what I felt, but not only did I feel that it was true, I was literally shown the love that God has for me." I have no idea what sacred experience happened, but I am so grateful it did. He is the best. 

Well, we were in the middle of a drug deal this week, kind of awkward the lady doing it was the one we were teaching the gospel to.. haha in her defense she is on house arrest and so she is always home so she can't hide from us:)) haha, it's starting to get a little warmer here in NZ, finally!! I do love it here, I am grateful to be a missionary. I hope you know that I care about YOU. 

Arohanui, 
Sister Maddie DeLoach 

p.s.. I was given SO much food at one members home I started hiding lettuce in my pocket..hahah I know I should have hid the ice cream.. but ooppps... you live and you learn;)

No comments:

Post a Comment