Monday, September 12, 2016

FAM 9-11-16

Hello all!! I hope you are all having a great week, I really miss you all this week. It was a great, but long week!! 

Well, you'd never believe who we ran into this week.. YES NICHOLAS DAVID WALKER, again. This time, he wasn't stoned or drunk, he told me "You have no idea how much it meant to me that you took away my lighter, that you cared enough about me to do that." I felt so happy. He told us he had been clean for a day, I know that doesn't sound like much, but we will take what we can get from him. He still didn't give us his address, BUT we know if we pray to see him, we will. I got a picture with him!! 

Well, President Cummings interviewed Micheal this past week for his baptism, and President told us "Micheal isn't a golden investigator, he's a platinum" WOW!!!!!! Micheal is seriously amazing, his baptism was so wonderful, he showed up a whole hour and a half early, just stoked!! He bore his testimony and while he was Sister Gurney and I looked at each other and said "he's going to be a bishop someday" He has the most powerful testimony, he is such a wonderful man. He had his work mates there, and a few of them were none member, and one less active (his name is nephi) too bad he is less active with that name.. hahah

Well, we were teaching our investigator this week, her name is Laberith, she is on probation at the moment, she has an ankle braclet and can only go 30 steps from her house, it's so sad though, she has a little girl and a partner. (partner here doesn't mean same-sex haha) she can't hide from us ever though because we always know she has to be home haha, anyways we were teaching her and this man walked up behind us and he said "Do you have it" She said "In the back" They both left and literally did a drug deal right in front of us, ahhaha we were so confused.. She is crack up as though, and one of the nicest people I have ever met. 

Well, we had a lesson with Luke this week at the Visitors center. Luke is like a minister in his religion, but come and basically thinks we are doing bible study with him, this week he was just not having it that this is Christ's church on Earth, so instead of argue back, Sister Gurney and I simply bore testimony, it didn't change his mind, but we both felt the spirit, we felt so happy we didn't cave into Satan wanting us to have contention. There isn't anything better than bearing simple testimony to someone who you know is arguing or trying to prove you wrong. The best thing is, NO one has to take our word for it, the second they sincerely read and pray about the Book of Mormon, they can know for themselves. :) 

Well, Josh and Salem happy almost birthday to the two of you. I love you all so much, I am so grateful to be a DeLoach. I am so grateful to be a daughter of God. I will be on until 3 if you want to keep talking, I LOVE YOU. I pray for you daily!!! 

Arohanui, 
Sister Maddie DeLoach 













No comments:

Post a Comment