Monday, August 15, 2016

What a WEEK... 8-14-16

Miracles, miracles, miracles. 
Sister Fuggle got a new companion, her name is Sister Taufete'e. It's sooo much easier just with Sister Gurney and I, it's just easier to teach just with 2 people. This week was full of miracles. 

This is for you Mom, if I were in the Olympics I would be a..... RUGBY STAR for obvious reasons

First off, Last Monday after emailing we went up to the Rudd's to see them at the camp and we ate lunch with them and then played games. I LOVE THEM. They are truly like my parents on the mission, I am glad they are here even though president rudd and his wife are gone. I felt just like I was playing games with my family! After that we had a dinner appointment scheduled with our neighbors upstairs, he is a less active member and she is a non-member. It was so sweet, they told us for 3 years of having missionary sisters, they have never invited them over for dinner, but something is different about us, he thanked us for being obedient, he says that they notice more than we could imagine, and they were really impressed, so that was SO nice to hear!!! 

So last week at church we had a man named Micheal show up. We could tell he was a nonmember, but we didn't know him. After he came up and talked to us and invited us to his house, he really was interested in learning more. We went over and he expressed to us how he received the STRONGEST witness that the Book of Mormon is true. He said he cannot deny that it is. We were so excited to teach him more, this week he went to an Elders Quorum activity, he bought a new suit for church stayed for all 3 hours AGAIN, and we met with him and he said he asked some work mates what mormons can't do and they told him drink coffee, and so he said I have the worst headache ever, but I stopped drinking coffee. HE IS GOLDEN. We set him for baptism on September 10. I am so excited for him, and truly feel so grateful to witness this miracle. It's been such a blessing to see that when we try our best Heavenly Father truly does bless us. 

Craige is still doing awesome, and set for baptism on the 27th. Please pray for him, his family has now deserted him because of him joining the church. He is pretty sad about it, but knows that baptism is the right thing for him. He is so crack up, he always says "You think they'd be happy I'm not out in bars drinking or in the clubs, or in prison." hahah so true, he is doing something righteous and it's hard that they won't support him. So please pray for he and Micheal to have this support in their righteous endeavors. 

It's kinda hard with all my friends starting school, I know I will miss it, but this is where I need to be right now. Transfers are next week, and I have no idea if I will get shifted or not, chances are pretty great that I will stay here one more transfer and then head out to the real world! This is such a beautiful work to be apart of, I love seeing peoples lives change with hope. THIS CHURCH IS TRUE, follow the teachings, "I'd rather get to the other side of the veil and find out it's not true, then to get over there and find out it is." Prepare yourself for the second coming of Christ, be obedient, do righteous things. You can overcome anything with the Atonement of Jesus Christ!!

This is a gospel of HOPE!

AROHANUI!!

Sister Maddie DeLoach 

p.s.. decided to be an elder for the night 





















No comments:

Post a Comment