Monday, August 8, 2016

USED TO BE... (friends) 8-7-16

KIA ORA!
What an interesting week! It's freezing here in NZ! Well our investigator Craige, is now set!! YAY! He is planning on getting baptized on August 27, he has such great fellowship in our ward, and I know he can truly make that date! Please pray for him! 

This week we had Zone Meeting and we heard a story of a young adult who played rugby and turned down 1.5 million dollars to serve, and while he was serving a mission he was asked to give a talk, while giving a talk he said "I am a full time missionary who used to play rugby" he didn't say, "I am a rugby player who is also a missionary". I loved this. We had a training and had to put a piece of paper on the board of what we used to be. "I am a missionary who used to be a cheerleader" is what I put. I know I did many things other than this and that is who I used to be, I am so grateful for my past, it really has brought me here, but I believe in being in 100% in whatever you are doing, so I can truly say I want to say when someone asks that I AM A FULL TIME MISSIONARY :) You can do this in your life too, whatever you are, be in 100% give your all. If that's in school, work, sports, or your relationship. I know that as we give our all the Lord is then able to bless us, he blesses those who help themselves, those who sincerely give an effort! 

We had the TYPICAL missionary day that you all hear about this week, the one that every single appointment cancels that day and you question what you are doing!! BUT we decided to trust in the Lord. We are told if we are obedient, he will bless us. We found this out as we showed up to church yesterday and this keen as guy walked up to us and said he is investigating the church, has a testimony of the Book of Mormon, stayed for all 3 hours of church and wants us to stop by this week. If we do all we can in our power to do what is right, God will bless us. He placed an investigator in our paths, not because we are great teachers, or the best missionaries, but because he can trust us. Let him trust you. I love you all heaps, I am so grateful for YOU!

Arohanui, 

Sister Maddie DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment