Monday, November 7, 2016

HELLO:) 11-6-16

Another week!! YAY! Time is going really fast. This week was great again! This week was different, but still good. 
This week we had interviews with President Cummings, he does them every few months. It was amazing. He gave me some amazing council, I really love him. He told me to kill my companion with kindness, he said "If I had a companion that didn't like me, I'd wake up every morning and shine their shoes, so they know how much I love them." He is so wise, he is so in tune with the spirit, and when I talk to him, I feel the love of Christ. I know he is called of God, and I know I am supposed to be here with him. 

This week I felt like I had one of the best days ever on my mission. I feel as though I have liked my mission and loved parts of it, but this week, I really felt that I loved my mission. I love this sacred calling I have, it's NOT easy, it's actually really hard, but I feel so grateful I get to literally help people all day. This week we did service for a lady in our ward who has a walker, and can't really walk on her own, we went and helped move boxes and sweep her garage, and after, she made us come to her fridge, and she literally filled up two grocery sacks with ALL of the food she had in her fridge. All she left for herself was a milk. She gave us EVERYTHING. I wouldn't accept it, she insisted. I was truly so humbled, that she gave ALL she had, because of her gratitude. It was a surreal experience, and makes me realize how great I truly have it. I have SO much to be grateful for. 

Well, that boy Jahkana who came in a few weeks ago who was Less Active  and asked us to teach him how to forgive, he comes in like 3 times a week now, and it turns out that his WHOLE family is going back to church, just because of him. It's been amazing, he keeps saying "if I never met you two, my whole family and I would still be less active." It's been amazing to see the changes he's made in himself, and this week his mom went and bought her garments again. She was endowed, and now she is working towards the temple again. I truly know one person, CAN make a difference. Why don't you be the difference?? I love you each so much.

Well, it's great to be a missionary. I am telling you all of this so that you can keep tabs on her, but don't let mom open her Birthday Gift until she is around all of you. I am sending it today, it's for mom, but I think the whole family will like it. I hope you can all see it even if it's on facetime. I love you each so much. I think about you often, I expect to have a great week, and I know that this time is so precious to the Lord. I LOVE YOU!

Have a beautiful week. Please EVERYONE of you, watch this video. It's only 4 min. 


Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 









No comments:

Post a Comment