Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Kia Ora (Friends) 11-13-16

I OPENED MY MISSION CALL A YEAR AGO TODAY!!! Time is seriously going SO fast. This week was amazing, I finally began to feel my purpose for being here in the Sunnyhills area. 

We received a referral from a lady in our ward that we have been doing service for, she wanted us to visit her son, but she didn't know his address at all, so she said is maybe the first or second right off of saxby's road and house #24. Well we went there and there was no house 24 so we decided to knock house 22, and this lady came to the door, opened it and said "SISTERS" We were so confused and she ended up explaining to us she is a Less Active member with two daughters and just moved in. She has been praying for the missionaries to come around because one of her daughters is of age to get baptized, and she is ready to come back to church. She was so nice. She is a white Maori, and her husband is American(they are split us so he lives in America) She just looked at the two of us, one islander and one American and she just cried and said "I know that you are the missionaries for my daughters, I know it." I really felt the love of the Lord at that exact moment, and I felt the spirit touch my heart, that yes. HE NEEDS ME HERE right now. I know and trust that. I believe he can see all that I can't. We invited them to church, and they didn't come, but we had a fireside at the VC last night and THEY RANDOMLY showed up. They were the cutest girls, and I felt like they were my little sisters. I feel so happy to know them, we are having a lesson and dinner this week with them!! 

There has been a huge Earthquake here in NZ and many people felt it, all of our neighbors did. All that I can say is I AM GRATEFUL. Last week, randomly President called all the Zone Leaders and asked them to dedicate each of the mission flats, and they did. We honestly had the best night sleep last night, and not a thing happened to our flat. We knew that is because the power of the priesthood, and that the Lord is watching over us. I am so grateful today!!! 

I love you all. I know thanksgiving is coming up. TELL those around you how grateful you are for them, I miss being able to tell you each that. I am so grateful though, and I love you each. YES I heard about elections, people here care more than the people there. I always tell them "you can't complain if you didn't vote, plus we are in NZ why do we even care" ahhaha LOVE YOU HEAPS!

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment