Monday, November 28, 2016

Hello 11-20-16

I had a really trying week. On the plus side I've lost like 5 lbs! This week was really really hard for me. I hate emailing these type of things, because I don't want you to be worried about me. I really am perfectly fine, just going through a growing period, and growing often requires an amount of pain. I feel in life it is impossible to help people who aren't willing to change, because change has to be something that we decide for ourselves. I have learned that I cannot change others, BUT I really can change myself. I can have joy every single day of my life, and I can always be happy. I have studied and learned HEAPS about Patience, and I am slowly starting to feel it be an actual factor in my life. 

Besides that, I really felt the spirit really strong this week. Particularly one day at lunch, when I just wanted to give up. I wanted to find an escape from my companion and I just went outside and prayed. I literally felt the warmest feeling and I felt Heavenly Father give me a hug. I know he loves me, and I know he is there for me. I feel such a personal connection with him. We had a fireside last night that us Visitors Centre sisters put on, it was called testimony of songs, and we sang 4 songs and each bore a simple testimony. I can honestly say I felt the spirit so strong, as I bore my testimony to 100+ people. One of the songs was I'm Trying to be like Jesus, some of the words say "I'm trying to be like Jesus, I'm trying to love my neighbor, love one another as Jesus Loves you TRY TO SHOW KINDNESS IN ALL THAT YOU DO." The words so hit me and I felt that I can finally say I am honestly trying my best to be like Jesus, I am trying to show kindness in all that I do. We are expecting 21,000 people for Christmas lights so I will get to bare my testimony to that many people. OH HOW GRATEFUL I FEEL!!! 

Oh coolest thing happened, on one really bad day, this man walked in and said are you sister deloach, I said YES he said here is a letter from Sister Hayley Sorensen, she is in my ward in Denmark. He was on a business trip here and came out of his way to deliver me a letter from Hayley who lives halfway across the world. TENDER MERCIES

Craige received the Melchezidek Priesthood AND spoke at Stake Conference. I love that man. He truly is a CONVERT!! Our stake president, President Sutcliff, talked about choices. He talked about there are three choices, one is a good choice, one is a bad choice, and one is inert. He said people who don't come to church is because they are lazy. He said another word for being lazy is a LACK of Faith. I invite you each to think about your life, and if you feel intert or lazy in anything to begin to read Alma 32. You will LEARN that faith can start just by having a desire. I know that as we read the scriptures though, we ACTUALLY have to apply them to ourselves. Nothing is more frsutrating than to see people pretend and read something and then not follow and become. I know that the Lord will help us in our efforts. I hope that you each know how much I love you. I know this week is Thanksgiving, and I am so jealous you each get to be with family. I know that time is going so fast, and I hope you know most of all I am THANKFUL for YOU. And for my Savior Jesus Christ. I feel his love, and I feel your love. I know that I can overcome this, but it will take the prayers of the righteous!!! I love you all HEAPS!!! 

Arohanui, 

Sister Maddie DeLoach 






No comments:

Post a Comment