Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Kia Ora 11-13-16

I OPENED MY MISSION CALL A YEAR AGO TODAY!!!! CRAZY. Also yes I have heard about Donald Trump, I swear people here care more than people there.. it's crazy how much they care, haha I always have to remind them "We are in NZ and if we didn't vote we can't complain" hahaha Huge Earthquake happened here last night, and quite a few people were effected, we didn't even feel it. It's actually amazing, because last week randomly, president cummings asked each zone leader to dedicate each mission flat. We knew that the Lord watched over us and our dedicated home. We actually both had the best night sleep we have had in a while. What a miracle! Transfer Week, and I reckon I will stay! Elder Zundel told me that President said I will most likely be in this same area and with the same companion for at least 2 more transfers... It made me quite sad, but then the very next day I realized one of the reason that I need to be in this area....

That reason happened when we were looking for a referral. The referral was given to us by Sister Lilley, and it was to go see her son who is Less Active, Adrian. She didn't know his address all she said is maybe the first or second right off of saxby's road and house #24. Well we went there and there was no house 24 so we decided to knock house 22, and this lady came to the door, opened it and said "SISTERS" We were so confused and she ended up explaining to us she is a Less Active member with two daughters and just moved in. She has been praying for the missionaries to come around because one of her daughters is of age to get baptized, and she is ready to come back to church. She was so nice. She is a white Maori, and her husband is American(they are split us so he lives in America) She just looked at the two of us, one islander and one American and she just cried and said "I know that you are the missionaries for my daughters, I know it." I really felt the love of the Lord at that exact moment, and I felt the spirit touch my heart, that yes, it's really hard here right now... BUT he has the overall plan. HE NEEDS ME HERE right now. I know and trust that. I believe he can see all that I can't. We invited them to church, and they didn't come, but we had a fireside at the VC last night and THEY RANDOMLY showed up. They were the cutest girls, and I felt like they were my little sisters. I feel so happy to know them, we are having a lesson and dinner this week with them!! 

The other day we got invited to FOUR different families homes on Christmas. WE ARE SOOOO LUCKY!!! So many people are taking such great care of us, the other day we didn't have a dinner appointment and we were at Aimee's house, she is the Less Active with a daughter on a mission, and she asked where we were going for dinner, we said to our flat, she literally pinned us down and gave us a $50 and said to go out to dinner and spoil ourselves. She also is one of the houses that invited us for Christmas. SHE IS AMAZING. We felt so humbled, and she made us take it, we got Indian food:) 

Online this week, we had a chat with a lady named Bon, and she was asking us how to not feel uncomfortable at church, when you don't fit in. I really felt so connected to her, and felt that we needed to keep comforting her, we did, and she then opened us and told us that she is a convert and that 3 years ago she took her names off the records of the church, but she is now coming back and is wanting to get re-baptized. We called her and were able to teach her over the phone, in California, and I literally made a new best friend. SHE IS AMAZING. She has been going back to church, and we are having weekly lessons, I feel so grateful to get the opportunity to teach the WHOLE world!!!! Such a blessing!! 

Well, another great week being a missionary! I can't believe how fast time is going. I hope you know how much I love and care about each of you. NEVER QUIT. YOU KEEP WALKING. YOU KEEP TRYING!!! 
I "goat" someone to read the scriptures with me. Sorry for being so dumb;) hahahahah bye for now!!! 

p.s.. goat's don't like flash on the camera, it tried chasing us after this hahahahahah funny story 
Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 













No comments:

Post a Comment