Monday, October 24, 2016

Kia Ora Friends 10-24-16

Another week! Wow time is flying!!! 

I hope you are all doing amazing. I'd absolutely love to hear from you all! I know times are so busy right now with school!! Moved flats this week, and ours looks like a gma flat, hahah we love it though, we didn't have hot water for a few days so bucket showers it was! Makes you humble!

\Well, this CRAZY old lady who is smoke-aholic and who you can tell had a really sad life, she has the same skin as micheal jackson. She asked us "Are Yous Fags" HUH??? ahhah we were so confused and then she said are you two lesbian... WHAT?!?!? Didn't really think about it that it does probably look weird two females going everywhere together haha. Her name is Louisa though and she is a Less Active member, hasn't been for 50+ years. Has no family, really does have the saddest life, she just smokes, and sleeps. We bring her happiness and hope when we come, if she is nice to us, and we felt like we should go before church, so we did, and we would NOT accept no as an answer if she was coming to church, we got her ready, brushed her hair and even put on her sandles that her cat peed in.. haha they were her only ones... and we walked with her to church. She STAYED for one hour, and you wouldn't believe the difference of personality she had immeditely of walking into the chapel. It was amazing, I know that that is dedicated building!!! I know the spirit is SO strong there!!! 

Also had a miracle at the Visitors Centre that happened to me. There was a girl from Minnesota who served in polland, and her boyfriend was from finland, he is over here visiting her because she is doing an internship here in NZ for a few weeks. Anyways, she was talking to me and she said she really felt like she wanted to bring us lunch tomorrow and little did she know that I had really been praying for some guidance and peace, and she and her boyfriend came the next day and brought us sushi and we had a picnic on the temple grounds, and we were able to talk, and it was exactly what I needed. I am so grateful to heavenly father who truly does weird or crazy things to make sure we know that we are loved. I know he loves you, and look for those around you, let them serve you. You never know if they are the answer to your prayer. I love you each so much. Keep going, keep walking, don't give up. And as my brother Dayton says "keep trekkin"

Arohanui,

Sister Maddie DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment