Monday, October 10, 2016

Hey Fam! 10-9-16

SO good to talk to you all, I really needed this today. 
As you know I got a really hard companion, her name is Sister Hekau, I am just transferred across the road to Sunnyhills Area, and still in the Visitors Centre. Can't believe I am still here I reckon I will be here(in the VC) for 9 months straight of my mission which is pretty crazy. 

Well, I had a really hard time saying goodbye to the Lake Ward, I really became family in that ward, and I am so eternally grateful for the experiences I had that shaped who I am today. I feel really grateful. I also really miss Sister Gurney, luckily I still get to see her everyday, and have someone normal to talk to!! 

Well, Sister Hekau and I got double shifted in which means we are both new in the area, and we are new sisters into this ward, and so we basically are starting from scratch, I have no idea how the Lord has this must trust in me, but I won't let him down. I feel really inadequate, but I know I can do it. 

General Conference was really good, I loved Elder Bednar's talk about believing Christ and Believing in Christ. I do know that there is a difference and I am personally still trying to work on that in my life. I am so grateful for the inspiration we can receive from God's living prophets and apostles.

Last night the 70 over New Zealand came and spoke to the VC, his name is Elder Thompson, he told us after hearing the words of a prophet and apostle we need to make an action plan of how we will implement them into our lives. He talked about listening with our heart, and not just our ears. I hope that whatever the spirit whispered to you to fix in your life to become more inline with the teachings, I hope you will do it. I am planning on doing it my life too. I love you all, I really need your prayers at this time. I am having a hard time. I know that I can make it. No doubt. I love you all and am so grateful for you in my life. I love my family!!!

Our first day here, we went to this referrals house we got from the Relief Society President, and she is Less Active member named Kathleen. When we went there she had a fence in front of her house, and there was really no way to get in and right then she just happened to be coming to open the fence for her daughter, and we were able to talk to her and able to get her number and then we went to the Bishops house and told him and he said that is a complete miracle, that no one in the past 10 years has got past that fence, and that they don't even open it for Christmas!!! 
MIRACLES 

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 

















No comments:

Post a Comment