Monday, October 24, 2016

Kia Ora.. Another Week 10-24-16

What a week! We moved flats this week, and the flat we are now in looks like a grandma flat, no offense grams, your flat is gorgeous hahah :) For the first few days we didn't have hot water, so luckily my comp showed me how to have a bucket shower... Oh the gratitude I had when the hot water came back on.. hahah:) 

Well this week was a huge miracle. One day I was just really feeling down, and this girl and her boyfriend came in, I could recognize her accent though, YES she was American! And she was from Minnesota, she served her mission in polland, and her boyfriend was from finland, and just came over here to visit her, she is doing an internship here. Anywho, they were so nice and we were talking to them, my companion was talking to samuel, the boy and I was talking to Katie and she said, "Things are hard right now, huh?" I got tears in my eyes and told her, YES. She said, we are bringing lunch tomorrow. They got our number, and the next day we met them here at the temple, and had a picnic on the temple grounds, ate sushi, talked and laugh and got to know each other. I really felt like we were so much alike and it was REALLY something I needed at that exact point in my life. I really needed Katie to know that I wasn't okay. We had the best talks, and she compliments my green stone ring, that I love with all my heart, and I felt that I should give it to her for how big of an answer she was to my prayers, I put it on her hand and she just wept. She was so grateful, she took off a ring of her hand and put it on mine, and now we are forever friends. I am so grateful for Katie and Samuel. They were seriously a miracle in my life. 

A few months ago  I told you about this old lady that was so cute who came to the VC who loved to talk about Jesus, Well she is in the Sunnyhills area and we go and sing to her, and talk about Jesus. This week when we showed up, she shouted from across the room and came running, she was SO excited to see us. It was SO cute!!! I love her to death. It was really funny because across the room a JW (jehovah witness) was there and JUST staring so hard at us hahaha.

Well, interesting, this week.. Luke the poem guy we met at the VC told us "I read the Book of Mormon, and it's not true." hmm.. in the moment, you really aren't so sure what to say, so we just bore testimony and he came to the conclusion that he would finish reading before he said that. I really hope he comes to know for himself!! I do know that the Book of Mormon is true, and how humbling it is to know that EVERYONE will receive an answer if they are humble enough to do so!

Well, this CRAZY old lady who is smoke-aholic and who you can tell had a really sad life, she has the same skin as micheal jackson. She asked us "Are Yous Fags" HUH??? ahhah we were so confused and then she said are you two lesbian... WHAT?!?!? Didn't really think about it that it does probably look weird two females going everywhere together haha. Her name is Louisa though and she is a Less Active member, hasn't been for 50+ years. Has no family, really does have the saddest life, she just smokes, and sleeps. We bring her happiness and hope when we come, if she is nice to us, and we felt like we should go before church, so we did, and we would NOT accept no as an answer if she was coming to church, we got her ready, brushed her hair and even put on her sandles that her cat peed in.. haha they were her only ones... and we walked with her to church. She STAYED for one hour, and you wouldn't believe the difference of personality she had immeditely of walking into the chapel. It was amazing, I know that that is dedicated building!!! I know the spirit is SO strong there!!! 

Also, I received a blessing this week by the District leader, and he just sobbed as he gave it and he shared with me about the LOVE my heavenly MOTHER has for me. I had never experienced anything like it, and he was like drained after, he told me that he has never felt that in a blessing before, I felt so happy to know that Heavenly Father and Mother really do know and love me so much. 

Miracles, and more miracles, I am trying to put our differences aside and realize we have on purpose and that is to bring others unto Christ. I am so grateful for all you all do for me. I love you so much. I received your letters mom and dad, and THANK YOU. I felt so grateful when I received those. I can't wait to talk to you all next week!!! 

Arohanui,

Sister Maddie DeLoach 










No comments:

Post a Comment