Monday, October 31, 2016

KIA ORA AGAIN!!! 10-30-16

Wow, this week was SO fast!!! I will hit 8 MONTHS this week. I cannot believe that. Time is sure going so fast, and it's already November tomorrow! Happy Halloween everyone! Halloween is the saddest holiday here, it's like not a thing. I was so stoked for the halloween party and no one hardly came in costume or anything!! I felt like the biggest kid there, and made everyone say "Trick or Treat" haha. They are a little behind us on a few things. 

Well last time I emailed you, after we emailed, we went to the City Centre, and the BIGGEST MIRACLE happened. We were walking and we walked by the Body Shop. It's so expensive, so obviously we wouldn't buy anything, but we felt like we should go in and smell the scents. We went in and the worker from the check out stand, called out to us and said "Are you Mormons?" we quickly said yes and she said "how do I become a Mormon" WHATTTT my face probably looked stunned. haha I was in shock. We quickly told her that she would need to meet with missionaries and learn about the gospel and then be baptized. She said "I just found out I am pregnant, and I want an eternal family." Wow. It was such a miracle that the spirit directed us to "smell the scents" and to really save a soul. It was so humbling. I felt sooo grateful, it really set the tone for this week. I had a much better week.

This week while in the Visitors Centre, I met a Returned missonary, as he was talking, he said he served in Japan, but got reassigned to Sydney South mission, I asked if he knew Elder Meyer, and he said YES! I said that was amazing and asked for his surname so that I could ask Jackson, and he said just tell him I am the Elder with one leg, he then grabbed his leg, and slapped it indicating it was fake. I had no idea. His friend said "Do you remember the general conference talk about the Elder who rode a bike his whole mission with one leg, and his fake leg kept breaking? so they reassigned him?" I said yes, and he said, That is Him!!!!! His name is Peter Cowan and he is my HERO! He is such a courageous young man, and I have learned heaps from his story. If you didn't hear it in conference I invite you to go back and listen to it!! 

Well it was the ward halloween party this week and it was really fun. TWO less active families came, and one amazing thing about the lady who we showed up at her house a few weeks back and helped her clean when she most needed it, we went over this week and literally we always turn up right when she needs it. She told us of her partner and how he has ill feelings towards the church, and how he has been absuive for quite sometime and she wants to leave him, it's just so hard. She told us, I know heavenly Father knows and loves me though because he put sisters in this ward. "I prayed for so long that he would put sisters in here, if  you aren't here for anything else, know that you are here for me. I really need you." It was so humbling and such a surreal moment to know you really meant so much to someone!!! 

Well it was a great week, literally cannot believe it's been 8 months, it's so crazy. Time is going so fast, Thanksgiving is coming soon, and then Christmas! Time is getting crazy here and that is because we have Christmas lights coming up. The whole country usually comes and I will get to bare testimony to 10,000+ people within the period of a few weeks. So grateful to see blessings from my patriricahl blessing coming forth. What a blessing to be a part of this work. I am humbled and grateful. I heard from Elder Critchlow this week, and he has grown so much he even told me I was his favorite cousin;) haha I hope that's not a lie! I love you each so much, and wish you the best week. KEEP THE FAITH, KEEP ON TREKKIN!!!! 

Arohanui, 
Sister Maddie DeLoach
















No comments:

Post a Comment