Monday, February 6, 2017

Kia Ora 2-5-17

Schedule CHANGE!!! 
I am sure you have seen and heard on the internet, but we got a schedule change as missionaries!! Changes are that we basically plan in the morning now rather than night, we can do companion study whenever we want during the day, and now we get 2 extra hours on P-Day! It was amazing we were able to watch a Missionary Broadcast, and we were basically like sitting on the board with Apostles, just causally Elder Bednar gave the opening prayer, it was amazing!!! They really focused in on teaching ALL aspects of the gospel, not just focusing in on one. They emphasized how important all the fundamentals are and to skip one is just silly! 

This week was quite sad, there was a kid named Timothy Armi who just returned back to NZ from serving his mission in Fiji. He has been home for 4 weeks, and he actually served with Trace Willoughby from Delta, so when he got home he came to the VC to say hi to me! He was so nice, and anyways, we got word the other day that he and his friend had been in a car accident, and both died immediately.  I know I didn't know him too well, but it did quite effect me, just 5 days before he came to the VC because he just got here a little late for a temple session so he asked if we could give him some spiritual enlightenment. I learned a lot from him, and I knew that he was a great missionary. He told me "Sister DeLoach, serve hard every single day of your mission, you won't even believe the blessings you receive when you go home." I will definitely live to that advice, I have felt so heartbroken for his family, and the whole country seems to be pretty effected by it also. It really put into perspective for me the things that are important, and the things that really matter. I realized how precious families really are, and relationships with people. I am grateful that I knew him, he was such a nice boy. 

This week we had exchanges, and I stayed in Sunnyhills with Sister Maire. We had MIRACLE after MIRACLE. The one I wanted to share was about this woman named Lisa. Lisa has has brain surgery a few times and she is so nice. Just that day we went to see her, she told us how her family was going through some really difficult times. We sat and talked with her and tried to comfort her, the conversation went from Plan of Salvation to the Atonement, to prayer, and all over the place. She was sharing with us how it's been 16 months since her last surgery and she has her second headache which is REALLY bad. She just kinda sat there grabbing her head, and we felt like we should ask her if she would like a priesthood blessing, we did, and she said YES! We called the Elders, and they came immediately. It was such a beautiful blessing, and the spirit was so strong, after we asked her what she thought or how she felt. She said "when they put there hands on my head, I FELT POWER." She said she literally felt power run through her body and she knows that we are called of God. She then said "I Promise you with my whole life, I DO NOT HAVE A HEAD ACHE RIGHT NOW." She was in shock, she said, it's literally gone. She then asked what she can do to have this feeling all the time, we gave her a Book of Mormon, and talked a little more with her. It was absolutely amazing. What a crazy experience to literally before my eyes to watch someone be healed by the power of God. So grateful for priesthood holders in my life, that I know I can call upon whenever I need them. I am so grateful every single day for that special gift we all have access to!!!

We had our missionary fireside finally last night in our ward that we had been planning for a while, and it went pretty well. We were pretty bummed none of our investigators showed up, but a lot of our less actives did so that was amazing, it wasn't until we were having dessert, OUR INVESTIGATOR FAMILY showed up. 5 of them came, they were just a little late because they were at the beach all day (we will talk next about keeping sabbath day holy;) hahah)  BUT THEY CAME!!!! It was seriously such a miracle, and it was amazing too because the Tumai's sang at the fireside and they are just flourishing!!! It was absolutely amazing to see someone you love progressing as a family in the gospel. It was such a great Sunday, I really am so grateful to be here, it feels like home. I know that Utah is true home, but I do love that here I feel so much love and peace and happiness. I miss you all so much, and I cannot believe this week I have been out 11 months. TIME IS FLYING. See yous all so soon, I love you heaps!!! !

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach




No comments:

Post a Comment