Monday, February 27, 2017

NO WORDS 2-26-17

I cannot really describe this week. I have been in the presence of an Apostle of the Lord, and it was absolutely incredible. Elder Dale G. Renlund is called of God, and I fully sustain Him. I felt his power and authority this week. As Visitors Centre sisters we had the opportunity to one on one meet elder renlund and he grabbed my hand, asked where I was from, I said Delta UT and he grabbed my hand with both of his and said "Go Rabbits" HAHAHA I about died, and then he said "You think that is good, hold on, he still held my hand and said to his wife, what is Delta UT's mascot, and she said the Rabbits of course" haha it was hilarious! We shook the hands of the whole area presidency, and Elder Hallstrom. 

Tuesday we had the privilege of having Mark Lusvardi of the Mission Department come and do a training with us VC sisters and President Cummings came too. We had a CRAZY experience, and it was amazing. We were asked to role play and Sister Kafoa and I volunteered to be the missionaries and Sister Taula and Sister Hagerty were the people. We just began to get to know them, and it was honestly the MOST SPIRIT filled Sister Kafoa and I have ever been. We were able to help these people so much, and Brother Lusvardi stopped us in the middle, and he said "Wow, I truly cannot give corrections, WOW, please continue." Then the craziest thing happened, we were evaluating the Role Play and Sister Taula was supposed to share how she felt acting as a person, and she just started crying and said "I haven't told anyone but I found out Monday that my Sister had a still born baby, and I have been praying about what to share with her, and I didn't feel like a person in the role play, I felt like it was for me, I now know what I need to share with my sister". Brother Lusvardi stood up and looked at Elder Zundel, and said "Please tell us what just happened" And Elder Zundel said "That is an everyday occurrence here in NZ Temple VC." Bro. Lusvardi with tears in His eyes, said to all of us sisters "You sisters are exceptional, I have never seen anything like this anywhere else." Wow, we were so grateful that the spirit directed that conversation and that we allowed ourselves to get out of the way and to let it teach. 

Elder Renlund gave us 3 things to share. 
1- On Behalf of the Lord Jesus Christ and His Church, THANK YOU. Thank you for being a full-time missionary, thank you.
2- Because you have been called by prophesy you have the RIGHT and OBLIGATION to plead with Heavenly Father and find out why you are called here, and when you know, write it down. 
3- Your mission president has been called by revelation, HE IS CALLED FOR YOU!! 
There was a crazy experience that happened he allowed us to ask questions, and Sister Kafoa asked "How can I be a more consecrated missionary?" He looked down at the front row at us, and as an apostle of the Lord said "Don't worry about it. You already are." He then shared how when he was called into the 12 He felt so inadequate, and he felt like such an imposer to the work, he said he was talking to Elder Cook about his inadequacies, and in His words he said "The Lord rebuked me and said DON'T talk to your inadequacies to anyone but me or your wife. I called you already knowing your weaknesses and inadequacies." He then looked at us and said with tears in His eyes he read allowed the words to Hymn 60 verse 3,
In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea, with a glory in his bosom that transfigures you and me. As he died to make men holy let us live to make men free While God is marching on. 
He gave us 3 Apostolic blessings and the first was to feel the Lords love for us, that as we serve him we will truly feel that love.
The second was that as we served the Lord we would have a Bubble of Safety round about us, and the Lord will bear us up.
The third was that our families were being blessed by Him who called me, He blessed us to not worry about them, they are well and guarded, that through my service there will be miracles in my home, and through my family they will see miracles. 

My week ended with Interviews with President Cummings, and I will say it again, I LOVE THAT MAN. I know that I was called to serve with him. I know that he is called of God. Sitting in His office looking across to Him, I imagine How I feel in that moment is a lot how I will feel in the presence of the Savior. I know that this church is true, I know that I am supposed to be here right now, I know that the Lord understands us perfectly, and because of that he allows us to meet and be surrounded by those will uphold and help us. I know that is why you are my family!!! 

Yesterday we were able to help this family on the side of the road, they were refugees from Sri Lanka and when we stopped the Dad said "You are Jesus" we corrected him haha and said no, just representatives of Him. He then said "Everyone else say they love Jesus, but you stop and help, you act like Jesus" That sentence really made me think, do people only know we love Jesus because we say we do, and go to church and post cute photos of the temple? Or do they know you love Jesus by your actions, your example, and your words? I hope and pray we may all become a little more like our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He lives, I have literally felt His hand in my life, and I know that His work is continuing on. I love you all so much, hope you have the best week!!!

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 







No comments:

Post a Comment