Monday, February 20, 2017

HELLO (friends) 2-19-17

Rainy RAINY week here in NZ! It was a great week though. Something I always ask return missionaries when I see them, is what lesson they still apply today that they learned on their missions, and I had one ask it back to me, weird hey? They asked what are a few of the greatest lessons I have learned on my mission, and so I thought I would share a few with you today!!! 

One lesson I have learned is the lesson of perspective. I think that we can grow so one sided our whole lives, for instance, I feel as though I only grew up thinking that driving on that side of the road was correct, or that there is only one right way to do things, but I think I have learned that if you just listen to someone, you can see their perspective, it doesn't mean you have to change your views, but it's nice to see the world as it really is sometimes, and I am grateful I have been able to see more perspectives on my mission, it's made me more humble I believe, and for sure more kind.
Another lesson I have learned is that EVERYONE is going through SOMETHING! No matter who you look at, they are struggling with something. I have learned that we are all a bunch of ducks, and when you see ducks sitting on water all you see is this peaceful little animal with a beautiful view, but if you could look under the water you would see that the duck is kicking very hard to stay afloat. Another lesson I have learned is to love everyone. I hope and pray the rest of my life I can see people how I see them now. I feel as though it's such a blessing to see people this way. I have strived my whole life to see people this way, but I now fully can. I truly believe that everyone is SO loved, I know that we are all children of God, and I love seeing people who need help either physically, spiritually, or mentally, because I KNOW they can receive that help. 

This week Sister Kafoa gifted me with a Kiekie which is a Tongan traditional belt. This is the belt her great grandmother hand weaved, and when she died, left it for her. Sister Kafoa said her whole life she knew she would give it to someone who has changed her, and I FEEL so privileged that she gave it to me, it's gorgeous!!! I LOVE HER!

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment