Monday, February 13, 2017

Shaken but not Stirred (friends) 2-12-17

Transfers happened this week, and I stayed in Sunnyhills with Sister Kafoa, and still in the Visitors Centre, I know that obviously there is a reason that the Lord needs me in Hamilton, and I am grateful and happy to stay as long as he needs me. This transfer will mark a year on my mission which is CRAZY AS!!!!

Tim Amai's funeral was this week and it was INCREDIBLE. The strength of some people absolutely blows me away. His Dad spoke and started by saying "Shaken, but NOT stirred." He then had all the full time missionaries in the audience stand and said if they wanted to be shaken but not stirred, they needed to talk to us. He then said how this is only temporary pain, for eternal gain. He then had the stake president give a complete talk on the Plan of Salvation. IT WAS INCREDIBLE. I have never ever experience people like this, they are unreal. After the funeral they had all the men outside, probably like 300+ doing a Haka around his casket, and it was the most spiritual and emotional thing I have ever seen. I will tell you now, that at my funeral I request a haka around my casket, it was seriously incredible. haha seriously though. 

Yesterday Sister Kafoa and I were asked to bare our testimonies to the 8-9 primary class and it was so incredible. While we were talking this young girl raised her hand and said "Why do you both have this white circle around your head?" We just sat there unsure how to answer, and the spirit was so strong. It was crazy, the rest of the time she just stared at us. It was such a spiritual experience to have and especially crazy because she was so little. We know that we have angels round about us bearing us up, we know that we aren't in this work alone. I know that I have my grandpa, my uncles, my brother miles round about me, I know how they help me to keep going, and I know that they are on the same work as I am. 

I know that this church is true, I know that the struggle is necessary. I was reflecting in my journal this week how hard this mission is, BUT it is required. It has to be hard, I am a representative of Jesus Christ, if it weren't hard, I should have that title. I love my mission, I know that I had to come here, I didn't realize how broken I was before, but my mission truly has healed me, it has helped me to know the truth, to know what is important in life, and to know that there is NO other way, other than Jesus Christ. I love you all, so much. I pray for you daily and hope you draw strength from that!!!

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 


No comments:

Post a Comment