Monday, April 3, 2017

Whanau 4-2-17

Hi Family!! Another great week of being a missionary!! I cannot believe it's April already, time seriously is flying. I am so happy to email you today!! I missed you all a lot this week, and I cannot believe it's already conference. General Conference is shown a week later for us, and it's broadcasted at the chapel, so I will see it next week:) I am so excited!! 

This week I had the opportunity to attend MLC (missionary leadership council) in Hamilton, it was so AMAZING to be back in my home town. I felt so happy to run to the VC after for a quick visit. It was amazing, as I walked in and as I saw Sister Kafoa, I felt so much love, but it felt like it wasn't for me anymore. It was so interesting, I truly felt right leaving coming back to Papakura with Sister Ticong, it really was the confirmation that I needed and I really felt so grateful to get that confirmation!! I know I am supposed to be here, but It's hard to accept that. It was a challenging week, it's been really hard for us because no one is super willing to listen or help us. I have learned to become a great cook, because no one here wants to feed us, haha. I guess that's a good thing though. We had a member yell at us this week when we showed up to help her because we felt prompted too, we left feeling really sad for her, and when we got to the car we offered a prayer to our Heavenly Father, and we prayed for our Sister, that she would be able to overcome her situation, that she would be forgiven for treating us like that, as we prayed I felt the most overwhelming feeling of peace, saddness, and happiness and I realized that Sister Ticong, and I were trying our very best to be like our Saviour, we prayed forgiveness for one who hurt us, and we wanted her to be forgiven too. It was such a small thing, but I really felt the love of the Lord for this woman after we prayed. 

I went on my first ever exchange this week with the cutest Samoan Sister named, Sister Ah You. She is such a diligent, obedient missionary, and I learned heaps from her. When we were out visiting, we decided to tract, and for me, I still get kind of nervous (satan) and It's always a little uncomfortable doing door approaches, but she helped me feel so comfortable. We both pointed out this one house that kept obviously standing out to us, we decided to door knock there, and the most prepared 16 year old girl answered the door, she told us of her curiosity of God and how she was seeking for truth, we gave her a book of mormon, and she was so excited she said after we left she was going to read it. We got a return appoint with her, and we found a new investigator by STRIVING to overcome our fears, the Lord truly blessed us!! 

LEONIE GOT MARRIED. It was so amazing, it was incredible to see her taking those steps to change. It made me so grateful for TEMPLE and eternal marriage as she was civilly married I heard them say "This is for the remainder of your MORTAL life" How sad that they received their marriage and seperation date, it's so true, that the only way to be bound for eternity is within the walls of the Lord Holy Temples. I cannot wait to be married in the temple someday, and seeing a civil wedding made me so much more grateful for the blessings we have as members of the church. 

This morning in my studies I read one of the best talks I have ever read, and it was titled "Truly Good and without Guile." I thought of EACH of you as I read it and the wonderful examples you have truly been in my life. PLEASE READ IT. It also linked me to Alma 38, about Shiblon, and I fell in love with these scriptures, the Lord truly knows our goodness, he is so proud of us when we do what it right, he rejoices that we walk in truth, and he wants us to continually doing so no matter where we are on that path. I felt like the Lord was speaking to me, and I know you can feel that too. I know that we are each so important to our Heavenly Father, and we are all an important peace of His family. Our family wouldn't be the same if one of us was missing, and that is the same with His family. HE LOVES YOU, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!! 

I just really feel strong to let you know my family how much I truly love you. I am so grateful to be a missionary, yet long to someday return to be with you again.. Please know that you have never gone to far, the light of Christs atonement is that we CAN change. I promise you, that only Satan wants us to feel we have strayed to far, wherever you are, pray and ask Heavenly Father to let you know what you mean to him, and I PROMISE he will answer you. I know your challenges are for a reason, and that is BECAUSE YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO HANDLE THEM. I miss you heaps, and heaps, and I love you more than words. 

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach 











No comments:

Post a Comment