Sunday, April 23, 2017

Kia Ora Mates!!! 4-23-17

FAR OUT MATES, how are you all??!? We had Stake Conference yesterday, and it was incredible. A man from the Temple Presidency stood up and gave one of the most powerful talks I have ever heard he said, "Brothers and Sisters; the Sealing power, and all other ordinances we need are on earth, we live in the fulness of times, there is NO reason that we should not have them." I truly loved that, it's so true, we really do live in the fulness of times. I heard this story and I wanted to share it with you, I hope it touches you how it touched me. 

"A man was waiting in the waiting room of heaven, when the door opened and it was now his time to be judged, he walked into the room and across the room stood a man with a clipboard, and he said, "tell me everything you know about the Savior" the man began to quote scripture, began to share all the good things he had done, and the man with the clipboard said "Thank you". This man went back into the waiting room, and it was the next mans turn. The next man walked in and looked at the man with the clipboard, and feel to His knees, and said "My Master; and my Lord." 

I love this story so much it truly helps us to see it's much more important that we KNOW the Lord rather than knowing things about the Lord. I know that the only way to come to know the Lord is to strive to become like Him. I know as we strive daily to become like him, we will know and see him as he is. One of my favorite scriptures my whole mission is found in Enos 1:27 
" And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen."

I know that we can all rest in the Savior, and I know as we all come unto Him, we too can someday see him, fall to our knee's and say "My Master; and my Lord." Remember that it was foretold in the last days that men would draw near to him with their mouths, but their hearts would be far from him, I hope that we can continue to draw closer to the Savior with our Heart and our mouth, and he will someday look at us, and say "come unto me ye blessed; there is a place prepared for you in the mansion of my Father."

Arohanui,
Sister Maddie DeLoach

No comments:

Post a Comment