Monday, April 3, 2017

Kia Ora (friends) 4-2-17

I went on my first ever exchange this week with the cutest Samoan Sister named, Sister Ah You. She is such a diligent, obedient missionary, and I learned heaps from her. When we were out visiting, we decided to tract, and for me, I still get kind of nervous (satan) and It's always a little uncomfortable doing door approaches, but she helped me feel so comfortable. We both pointed out this one house that kept obviously standing out to us, we decided to door knock there, and the most prepared 16 year old girl answered the door, she told us of her curiosity of God and how she was seeking for truth, we gave her a book of mormon, and she was so excited she said after we left she was going to read it. We got a return appoint with her, and we found a new investigator by STRIVING to overcome our fears, the Lord truly blessed us!! 

LEONIE GOT MARRIED. It was so amazing, it was incredible to see her taking those steps to change. It made me so grateful for tmepleand eternal marriage as she was civilly married I heard them say "This is for the remainder of your MORTAL life" the only way to be bound for eternity is within the walls of the Lord Holy Temples. I cannot wait to be married in the temple someday, and seeing a civil wedding made me so much more grateful for the blessings we have as members of the church. 

This morning in my studies I read one of the best talks I have ever read, and it was titled "Truly Good and without Guile." I thought of EACH of you as I read it and the wonderful examples you have truly been in my life. PLEASE READ IT. It also linked me to Alma 38, about Shiblon, and I fell in love with these scriptures, the Lord truly knows our goodness, he is so proud of us when we do what it right, he rejoices that we walk in truth, and he wants us to continually doing so no matter where we are on that path. I felt like the Lord was speaking to me, and I know you can feel that too. I know that we are each so important to our Heavenly Father, and we are all an important peace of His family. Our family wouldn't be the same if one of us was missing, and that is the same with His family. HE LOVES YOU, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!! 

AROHANUI,
Sister Maddie DeLoach

No comments:

Post a Comment