Sunday, March 12, 2017

Much Aroha (Friends) 3-12-17

Today Bishop James is teaching us how to throw down a hungi or an umu. YOU BETTER BELIEVE WE ARE GOING TO HAVE THIS AT THE RES WHEN I AM HOME!!!!!! So excited. 

This week we had a BEAUTIFUL miracle. At the beginning of my mission I heard a story of multiple cars that were swerving in the road because there was something in the road, and once they passed it they didn't really think of the cars behind them. There was one car that stopped, moved what it was from the middle of the road, and then no other cars had to swerve around it. I loved this example of simple service, and every single day on my mission I have tried applying it. Moving things out of the road has been my thing!! On Friday it was like a hurricane, and we saw some bags it looked like rubbish in the middle of the road, so we stopped went to grab them, and they were bags full of food. We were so confused, like packaged food, almost like groceries, except it looked like charity food. We ran to the neighbors, and took the food, they said it wasn't theres, so we tried the next neighbors. THIS IS WHERE THE MIRACLE HAPPENED. She said it wasn't hers, but that we looked freezing so come on in, and she gave us towels, made us hot coco, and told us she isn't a Mormon, but that she went to church college when it was up and running on a swimming scholarship. She was soooo nice. She told us about how she is trying to find Jesus and how she really enjoys mormons. She then went on to tell us how she isn't good at making coco so apoligized if it wasn't good. She was so kind, we sat in her home for about an hour, her with her coffee, us with our coco, talking. It was INCREDIBLE. I learned so much about genuine kind people that day, she literally had no idea who we were, but she was Christlike and invited us in and from that we have a new potential Investigator. She was so kind that she even put all the food in her fridge and freezer and then said she would deliver it to the family! There are amazing people in the world! 

I read the best talk this morning in studies, it was called "Is it still wonderful to you?" by: Bishop Causse. It was incredible, it talked about how the things we know are SERIOUSLY incredible, and are they still wonderful to us, do we really believe and know that we have all the saving ordinances here on Earth? They talked about generations and generations have seen our day and hoped for it, and now we are living in it. I know that the world is wicked, I see it every single day, but I also know that the gospel is happiness. I have seen people change, I know that we all have that potential, I hope that none of us will sale ourselves short of the blessings Heavenly Father is WAITING to pour out upon us. Often when it rains we don't use an umbrella because we are allowing the blessings to pour upon us, I invite you to put down your umbrellas sometimes, and allow the blessings of the Lord to fall upon your head. I love you all heaps, and heaps. 

Arohanui, 
Sister Maddie DeLoach 

No comments:

Post a Comment